Senior DevOps Engineer (European Timezones)
NearFormFull time kubernetes aws devops terraform ansible
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
kubernetes, aws, devops, terraform, ansible
This is a remote permanent or contract position (we have vacancies for both!) for those based in the following timezones: Greenwich Mean Time, Central European Time, Eastern European Time
If you prefer working remotely, love using and creating open-source software, and would enjoy working on a variety of interesting projects surrounded by inspiring NearFormers on the cutting edge of new technologies, then keep reading!
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to develop and optimise our clients' cloud-based applications/platforms; the ideal candidate will have a modern DevOps mindset, excellent knowledge of the latest DevOps tools & technologies, and extensive experience working in a remote agile environment.
We modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
Being a global company with a remote workforce allows us to hire without borders. We only hire the best of the best, we continuously learn and improve and our distributed workforce means we service clients across the globe - you can find us from Dublin to Dubai!
As a DevOps Engineer at NearForm you will work on client projects with a variety of companies ranging from health-tech startups to established multinationals. You will work with your project team to develop infrastructure to support cloud-based applications, create deployment architect and continuous delivery pipelines, design high-availability approaches, and implement monitoring architecture (dashboards, alerts, escalations).
- Significant experience developing solutions at an enterprise level
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration — must include Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code technology (eg. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience managing and automating complex platforms/applications on AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with CI and building CD pipelines
- Data storage experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies
- Solid understanding of observability practices across the stack
- Experience with security assessments frameworks (eg. Soc2) and security awareness throughout the stack
- Experience working in a Remote Agile environment
- Availability for short-term travel on a semi-regular basis
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
- NearFest: We all get together in person at our annual company retreat - for 2019 we chose St Tropez!! (not bad, hey!