Customer Care Nurse
The HartfordFull time
Customer Care Nurse
- United States – Virtual
- Full Time
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS ROLE?
Our team is committed to driving profitability by delivering exceptional customer service, great claim outcomes and returning people to work! We have some of the best claims leaders and handlers in the industry! As a Customer Care Nurse, you will work in a fast-paced incoming call environment where you play a pivotal role in the claim intake process for an injured claimant! This dynamic and experienced team of medical professionals work remotely across the United States to facilitate Short-Term (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) case files. The successful Customer Care Nurse typically handles 35-40 calls per day which allow them to obtain critical medical information relevant to the disability claim file. During these short 15 minute intake calls, the Customer Care Nurses use their keen clinical skillset to assess, document and review the medical acuity of a claimant’s condition. Our exceptional team of clinical professionals model empathy and compassion as they walk the claimant thru the intake process.
- Provide the claimant with the explanation of intake and subsequent claims process expectations
- Effectively assess, evaluate and document a claimant’s medical information to initiate the claim process while simultaneously reviewing functional limitations or work accommodations
- Gather medically diagnosed restrictions and/or limitations for Return To Work expectations
- Determine the medical complexity and appropriate assignment duration and/or a medical milestone for the assigned claim
- Accurately enter employee/employer/physician intake information into our claim technology platform for the appropriate tracking of all clinical impressions which enables a Claims Ability Analyst to facilitate a claim decision based on a claimants functional condition
- Effectively communicate complex medical information to a claimant in a clear, simple and concise manner
- Demonstrate sound medical knowledge and clinical assessment in a time-sensitive claim intake
- An active LPN/LVN license is required, RN licenses will be considered
- Minimum of 12 months of practicing clinical experience with broad spectrum knowledge about anatomy and physiology
- Clinical Case Management (CCM) experience is preferred!
- High School Diploma is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong automation and keyboarding expertise
- Working proficiency of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Professional phone demeanor
- Aptitude for delivering a positive customer experience
- Start Date: February 22, 2021
- Training Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. EST for the first 6 weeks of employment *NOTE* Time off during training is not accommodated
- Available Shifts (after-training): 9:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. EST or 12:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. EST year round
- Work at Home: This is a 100% remote, work from home opportunity!
Internet Connectivity Requirement/Remote Positions: For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.