Vice President of Supply Chain
Interior DefineFull time
VP of Supply Chain
- REMOTE /
- SUPPLY CHAIN /
- FULL TIME
ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a new VP of Supply Chain to play a key role in expanding our team. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience.
The VP of Supply Chain will own our strategic supply chain roadmap. We are a fast-growing, start-up reinventing the way people shop for custom furniture (beginning with sofas).
At our core, Interior Define is a people first company. We are committed to building and empowering a team that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive across all facets of individual identity; promoting collaboration, shared learning, and contributions to our respective communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- You have experience working on a team and can cultivate collaborative team growth and development
- You have a keen eye for detail
- You are data driven and look to data analytics to help inform business decisions
- You know how to manage a project end-to-end and can keep team members on stringent timelines throughout that process
- You are able to present and defend your work (strong opinions, loosely held)
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work.
- You jump in and you solve problems.
- You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right time to ask for help
- You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality)
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience. With that, you aim to make each customer experience better and will never settle for “that is good enough”
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others.
- You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- Partner with our Director of Sourcing to manage our China sourcing-agency relationship
- Work cross functionally with Merchandise and Customer Operations to analyze and streamline the Interior Define process while identifying improvement opportunities and implementing new processes when necessary
- Consistently evaluate other global and domestic production hubs
- Develop and deploy strategic manufacturing plans including manufacturing capacity, expansion & growth planning, and alignment with product roadmap
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that products meet design, quality, and cost targets
- Direct unfinished goods sourcing and procurement activities
- Continuously negotiate major 3PL contracts optimizing for customer experience, lead-time, cost and error rate
- Design and implement reverse logistic process
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- 15+ years Furniture Experience or Made to Order Model experience
- Experience in identifying, onboarding, and managing 3PL partners
- Experience in implementing, managing, and optimizing ERP and fulfillment technologies
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other members of the executive leadership team to define and prioritize new and optimized production + fulfillment strategies
Great to have:
- D2C ecommerce experience
- Conversational Mandarin
- Health benefits
- Company sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- 40% employee discount
- $1000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun work environment and team culture
- Sabbatical program after 5 years of service
- Stock options