About the Team
On the surface, Snapp’s ride-hailing technology may seem simple: a user requests a ride from the app, and a driver arrives to take their destination. However, behind the scenes, a giant infrastructure consisting of hundreds of services and terabytes of data supports each and every trip on the platform. At the heart of this infrastructure, both map data and services enable the most basic features powering our business. In our early days, we used third-party services such as Google Maps, but these services lack our business needs’ customizations and localizations. Furthermore, there are the usual risks of using third-party services outside Iran and their relatively high costs. The Maps Team at Snapp is looking for a Digital Mapper to join us and help enrich the map data and provide it to the map services that are customized to our business needs.
About the role
Digital Mappers (Cartographers) are a group of people who help us to provide complete and accurate map-based services that will directly impact the daily lives of more than a million users in Iran. As a Digital Mapper, you will contribute to our map data, review the changes, and resolve the conflicts based on our data sources, including user feedback.
• Evaluate and Apply user feedbacks and conflate other data sources to the map
• Identify map data problems and resolve them
• Identify and solve data deficiencies
• Participate in the team meetings to find and resolve conflicts
• Bachelor of Surveying, GIS or more than one year of related work experience
• Familiarity with OpenStreetMap data structure and it’s editing tools (JOSM, iD)
• Basic knowledge in ArcGIS or QGIS
• Basic knowledge in SQL
• Comfortable with an agile, flexible approach
• Effective communication skill with a positive attitude