Director of Engineering
Emerlyn Technology, LLCFull time java clojure sql amazon-web-services terraform
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Manager
java, clojure, sql, amazon-web-services, terraform
Director of Engineering
Do you have strong leadership and communication skills and enjoy managing people? Do you have a desire for creating solutions through team brainstorming and collaboration? Is working remotely important in your life? Are you self motivated? If these things resonate with you, then you could be a great fit for our growing team!
The right candidate will have experience guiding and planning new team growth, and creating pathways for bringing software and DevOps solutions forward from legacy to new technologies. You are grounded in the values of collaboration, fun, flexibility, transparency, humility, and lack of ego. Productivity is important, but so is overall team health and culture. Above all, a passion for the software industry, a desire to learn and share your own abilities, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively are the traits that we are looking to add to our team.
Emerlyn Technology is a rapidly growing, market leading, pharmaceutical technology company with a remote workforce. Our software helps pharmacists on the ground make better purchasing and inventory management decisions every day. We manage millions of ordering transactions annually, resulting in billions of purchasing dollars.
As Director of Engineering at Emerlyn Technology you are responsible for guiding our growing Development and DevOps teams. Through learning about and an appreciation for our legacy systems, understanding new technologies and approaches, and the ability to effectively create processes and plans, the team will be successful in creating and maintaining the system of our future.
Some of the tools and technologies we currently use are listed below. We are looking for diverse experiences and know you will have no problem learning our toolset.
- Java, Kotlin, Clojure
- Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Ubuntu, Docker
- Git, GitLab
- AWS, Terraform
- Leading and growing an innovative and motivated team
- Working with other managers to meet business goals
- Hiring and on-boarding new team members
- Providing budgets and timelines for the development team to meet business targets
- Improving documentation and processes
- Provide technical support to product design process
- Maintaining an environment that encourages education, code quality, and team collaboration
- Creating processes and plans to support maintaining current systems while also moving to new technologies and designs
- Guiding product focused development, rather than discrete projects, emphasizing long term goals rather than short term
- Implement a plan for growth - including scalability and reliability - of software services
- Being an integral part of our agile team process
- Manage on call rotations with team members
- Minimum of 10 years software design, development, and management experience.
- Prior management of development teams, with a focus on creating processes for moving from legacy to current systems.
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and systems.
- Experience working with on-premise and cloud hosting.
Nice to have
- A working knowledge of the healthcare and/or pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity of purchasing and inventory management systems.
- Familiarity with B2B data transactions using EDI.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.