Thermo Fisher ScientificFull time
Title: Administrative Assistant
- Location: Verona WI US
- Jobid: 78943198141688BR
- Requisition ID:R-00958080
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information:
- Spectroscopy BU, MSD Division
- North America, remote or proximate to Thermo Fisher Scientific site(preferred).
How will you make an impact?
This high visibility position is responsible for supporting the Senior Director, Global Sales for Thermo Fisher’s Spectroscopy business. Primary responsibilities include calendar management, travel schedule/logistics, and managing mission critical processes ensuring efficient commercial team execution. This position requires someone with a great attention to detail, Microsoft office proficiency, and strong organizational skills. Key internal partners for this role include the Global Sales Directors, global commercial leaders and financial partners. The successful candidate will have strong interest in the business, possess excellent administrative, relational and customer service skills, value attention to detail and be able to handle a variety of activities and tasks. This environment is fast past paced, requiring quality work and individual initiative.
What will you do?
Administrative Support (40%)
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of duties relating to the company.
- Represents Sales Leadership in a professional manner, by reviewing correspondence, answers questions and coordinates meeting requests.
- Prepares for meetings, complex PowerPoint presentations and excel spreadsheets, room set-up and taking notes of meeting when necessary.
- Proves consistent timely and courteous oral and written communications with customers and employees.
- Own travel planning for Senior Director
- Work in CONCUR to prepare & submit expense reports for Senior Director
- Maintain Senior Director’s calendar
- Monthly update Sales Rep’s territory history – order list & Runsheet data
- Monthly update Sales by State report
- Monthly send Tally Log & Runsheet to managers
- Communicate and collaborate with other department personnel as necessary (IT, Service, Marketing, Order Entry, Finance, HR)
- Update PEC Commercial Directory
- Complete projects and special assignments.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Sales Organization Support (60%)
- Ensure Securimate (Dealer/Distributor contract auditing) is updated, maintain Channel Partner list
- Various research projects as required by Sales Director, or NA Commercial Sales Manager
- Support Annual Sales meeting, Trade shows, and customer seminars
- Facilitate shipments to/from demo labs – instrumentation, customer samples, etc.
- SFDC (Customer Management System) report creation and deployment
- Work with Application Scientists on shipping help & customer demo preparation
- Daily track POs & orders for the scorecard report (Vibrational, MC & BEA).
- Monthly update Runsheet with each Sales Rep’s quota, forecast, sales to obtain % to forecast/quota numbers
- Daily review & dissemination of sales leads/bids to the appropriate sales rep for follow-up.
- Consult and/or function as member of Continuous Improvement team
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Professional attitude and presence at all times with an ability to maintain composure and effectively manage stress to meet deadlines
- Communicate clearly, both in written and in oral form required
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Extensive experience with spreadsheet generation preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Self-starter, with minimal or no supervision required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions, frequently from multiple sources, then determine priorities
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Able to travel up to 5% domestically