Content IQFull time
Staff Writer – Freelance
- Remote – Part Time/ Full Time
Do you consider yourself an Internet junkie? Do you often get trapped in information rabbit holes? Are you interested in topics ranging from celebrities like Brad Pitt and Lady GaGa to discoveries like a new shark species or an old sunken ship? Are you addicted to viral content and convinced you know what makes people click? If so, read on!
Content IQ is a Manhattan-based dynamic digital publishing company with multiple domains covering a wide array of topics. We are looking for a remote writer to join our growing team whose works are exposed to millions of readers daily through multiple platforms like Facebook, AOL, Yahoo, etc.
- Create a minimum of five ~1,000-word stories per week.
- Ensure all stories follow our unique storytelling strategy.
- Find the most attention-grabbing images to illustrate the story.
- This is a pay-as-you-write freelance position.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of proven experience as a writer.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong sense for visual storytelling.
- Quick and effective researcher.
- An interest in how trends spread online and what makes people click.
- Self-starter; ability to work at a fast pace.
- Passionate about a wide range of topics (pop culture, animals, science, human interest stories, etc).
- Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field.