- Remote (anywhere)
At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced attorney with a strong technology transactional background to join our dynamic legal team. We are looking for a self-starting problem-solver who can work collaboratively and autonomously and roll up their sleeves when necessary to get the job done.
As our Commercial Counsel, you will also partner with our sales and business development teams to draft, negotiate, and review complex customer contracts and commercial partnership agreements and play a key role to help scale the commercial legal team in a fast-growing global company. Priorities and responsibilities for the role may shift given the fluidness of the business and how quickly we are growing. We need team players that want to do something special and help shape the direction of the legal team.
- Structure, review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including customer sales agreements, commercial partnership agreements, and services agreements.
- Build and manage contract processes, workflows, playbooks, and training that can scale to keep up with our fast growth.
- Develop, improve, and maintain contract templates, standard forms, corporate policies and processes, and training programs.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, open-source, IP, privacy, employment, and other laws, regulations, and developments to provide the most practical advice.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams as a trusted advisor, creative problem-solver, and strategic thinker.
- Advise on projects as needed, including general corporate, vendor relationship, and risk management issues, as well as assisting with the management of external counsel.
What you bring:
- JD degree and a member in good standing of the local bar association
- 5+ years of relevant commercial experience, ideally as in-house counsel in a high-growth technology company
- Top-notch expertise in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Comfortable negotiating data privacy agreements, including a working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA as they relate to commercial contracts.
- Pragmatic strategist who can identify and resolve legal issues in the context of the company’s commercial goals and risk thresholds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to organize, prioritize and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in an environment where you need to roll up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.