App AcademyFull time
Title: Career Coach
- Location: US National
- Classifications: Remote Full-Time
App Academy is building world-class training programs that help students from all backgrounds transition into careers in software development. In the past 4 years and most recently in 2019, we were named one of the top coding bootcamps in the US. We have been profiled in The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Bloomberg as a driving force behind the changing face of tech education in America. Our unique model — we defer tuition until our students graduate and secure jobs afterwards — aligns us with the success of our students.
Our Income Share Agreement tuition model demands a single-minded focus on career outcomes. We directly benefit when students find high paying jobs and when they do so quickly. This alignment between student and school is a driving force behind our best-in-class placement rates. As a Technical Career Coach at App Academy, you will leverage your expertise as a web developer and industry veteran to of the technical recruiting and hiring process to help graduates launch their careers as software developers.
Together with the rest of the Placements team, we strive to ensure that every graduate has an efficient and successful career launch. Your job is to ensure that all students graduating from the program have mastered the technologies and technical content that is taught during the duration of the program.
Join us on our mission to empower people to transform their lives.
- You will oversee the job search process for hundreds of students annually, while maintaining App Academy’s industry-leading placement statistics.
- You will deliver lectures to groups of 80+ students, and act as the in-house expert in all job search matters including resume writing, interviewing, and negotiating.
- You will provide tactical and emotional support to individual job seekers throughout the entirety of their search.
- You will find opportunities and take initiative to improve App Academy’s teaching methods, developing effective, scalable strategies to provide top-notch curriculum in a fast-paced environment.
- Together with the rest of the Placements team, we will strive to ensure that every graduate has an efficient and successful career launch.
Experience & Qualifications
- You have experience in career coaching, technical recruiting, building websites, or working at fast-paced startups.
- You’re a problem solver, skilled at troubleshooting both practical and interpersonal problems.
- You’re a strict yet uplifting mentor.
- You give genuine feedback and expect the best out of every individual.
- You’re eager to help hard-working students reach their full potential and launch careers in the tech industry.
- Take responsibility for student success:. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Build with urgency. Build like careers depend on it.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans with 100% support for premiums
- Generous paid family leave program
- The opportunity to work with driven and talented colleagues committed to lifelong learning
App Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We believe strongly that technology companies benefit from diversity and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.