- The Administrative Assistant will help coordinate the complex scheduling, travel, and administrative needs of our executive team.
- You’ll work closely with our other administrative assistants to ensure proactive calendaring and support of our executive team, including personally managing four executive calendars.
- In addition to scheduling, you’ll ensure each meeting has the appropriate agenda, logistics, and follow-ups, and you’ll own the full process for tracking meeting outcomes and next steps.
- You’ll help streamline our meetings process to maximize efficiency, and will help our executive team prioritize tasks and meetings that will drive the most organizational impact.
- Additionally, you’ll assist in deck presentation creation, development, and synthesis, and will maintain brand standards and strict organizing principles for all presentation content.
Why You’ll Love This Role
- Working closely with Newsela’s executive team, you’ll have the opportunity to support our leaders while enabling them to be efficient and productive.
- You’ll have a cross-functional impact on our company, building your skills in organizing, planning, process improvement, communication, and coordination.
- You’ll partner and support executives across Sales, Marketing, Community, Product, Technology, Content, and Human Resources.
- Blending your customer-centric mindset and innate ability to multitask with acute attention to detail, you will be an important catalyst to enabling our rapid growth through operational efficiency.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a passionate and driven leadership team who is helping shape the future of K-12 education.
Why We’ll Love You
- With 3+ years experience in administrative support roles, you use your phenomenal project and event management skills to flawlessly juggle several moving pieces at once.
- You operate with the utmost professionalism, and have demonstrated good judgment and discretion in communications, follow ups, and management of executive logistics needs.
- You are extremely competent in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and other productivity tools.
- You use your impeccable time management skills to prioritize tasks in order of importance, and deliver support to the rest of your team.
- You are highly responsive, flexible, adaptable, have great communication and interpersonal skills, and are committed to supporting a mission-driven company.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments and tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels — from +100 of the best sources — that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds and interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, we’ve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools and over 2.5M teachers and 37M students have registered with Newsela.