Adjunct Faculty – Graduate Psychology
Purdue UniversityFull time
Adjunct Faculty, Graduate Psychology
- Remote/Part Time
The School of Social and Behavioral Science is looking to hire adjunct faculty members to join our team. The ideal candidate must have an educational and professional background in Addiction, Forensic Psychology, and/or General Psychology. Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Master’s degree programs. This part-time position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a virtual, professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, non-traditional university setting.
Deadline to apply: 1/16/2021
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars (10 or 6 week units) as assigned by school or program.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending university, departmental, and faculty meetings as requested.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in distance learning.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications and Adobe Connect meeting technology.
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred. 1 – 3 years of teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, and with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Doctoral degree in Addictions or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Holds current license in addictions or related field.
- 1 – 3 years of related experience working in the addiction field.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology or General Psychology from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1-3 years of related experience working in the general psychology field.
- Doctoral degree in Forensic Psychology from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1-3 years of related experience working in the forensic psychology field.
Location: Remote/Nationwide, USA