- United States
Hollaback! is a nonprofit, global, people-powered movement to end harassment — in all its forms. We work together to understand the problem, ignite public conversations, and develop innovative strategies that ensure equal access to public spaces. We leverage the very spaces where harassment happens – from online, and in the workplace, to the streets – to have each other’s backs, create communities of resilience, and build a world where we can all be who we are, wherever we are.
Over the past two years, Hollaback! has significantly expanded our training program — particularly in the realm of sexual harassment prevention and bystander intervention. Our system of evaluation shows that it’s working: Hollaback!’s training shows an 84% increase in self-reported ability to intervene in instances of hate and harassment. This finding has been echoed by the National Women’s Law Center, who note that, while traditional liability-based trainings on harassment are failing, innovations in the field, such as bystander intervention trainings, are seeing results.
In 2018, we worked with the New York City Council to pass a bill requiring all employers in New York City with over 15 employees to offer sexual harassment prevention training, including information on bystander intervention. This makes NYC the first municipality in the country that requires bystander intervention training. Simultaneously we expanded our Bystander Intervention Training to the workplace. In 2019 Hollaback! partnered with L’Oreal Paris to train 1 million people globally in bystander intervention by 2021 and in the US we partnered with the New York City Commission on Gender Equity to train 40,000 of those 1 million people on bystander intervention. We continue to experience sustained growth as we show up to help folks reimagine the world, a world without harassment, where we can all be who we are, wherever we are, whatever that means that day, that hour, that second, without the fear of having to experience harassment.
We are seeking talented trainers/facilitators to join our dynamic team. Hollaback! Trainers have the opportunity to deliver quality training experiences to a variety of audiences using proven methodologies from our expanding training library. We are focused on ending harassment, in all its forms. Our current training topics include bystander intervention, preventing sexual harassment, resilience, conflict de-escalation, mitigating implicit bias, and other anti-harrassment/anti-hate trainings. This position is remote in the United States with potential in-person (traveling) training engagements post COVID-19.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Client discovery and training customization. You will facilitate discussions with our amazing clients enabling you to customize our existing training curricula and provide quality, customized training experiences.
- Training Delivery. You will facilitate interactive and engaging training from our suite of offerings, including bystander intervention training, preventing sexual harassment, resilience, conflict de-escalation, and others. All training is currently delivered 100% virtually.
- Evaluation and reporting. You will administer a brief training evaluation and input the data into our system. You will also provide feedback and insights about training delivery and the training itself.
Qualifications: (must have 80%)
- At least 2 years experience facilitating interactive trainings;
- At least 2 years experience working on issues of gender-based violence;
- At least 2 years experience working with at least one of the target populations: working professionals/corporate environments, LBGTQ+ youth, sporting institutions.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent client relationship management.
- Professionalism, including punctuality and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to publicly represent Hollaback!.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others – on own team and across departments
- Solid commitment to making sure things are done right and on time
- Ability to accept and apply feedback
Requirements (80% of the following):
- Work experience as a trainer, facilitator, or similar learning and development role.
- Experience delivering training in the areas of bystander intervention, sexual harassment prevention, gender-based violence, or other related topics.
- Experience delivering training in a corporate environment, on any topic.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong intersectional analysis and commitment to social justice.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Hollaback!’s mission.
- Excellent presentation skills, incorporating relevant technology (Zoom and Google Slides, for example)
- Skilled in virtual and formal classroom facilitation.
Rate: $30-$50/h for up to 30 hours a week (as needed). Work is remote within the U.S.