Alliance HealthCare ServicesFull time
- Job Locations US | US
At Alliance HealthCare Services, our focus is on transforming the customer and patient experience. Vital to our success are the Corporate Team Members who collaborate with clinical, operational, and sales teams in the field. We focus on delivering improved processes, innovative new services, and business solutions that differentiate and advance our comprehensive clinical services—always with our patients’ and customers’ needs in mind.
The Corporate Counsel provides a full range of company-wide legal analysis, advice and solutions to the organization under the direction of the General Counsel. This remote position is responsible for making and enacting legal decisions that have a far reaching impact on the company and its performance. This includes working in a wide variety of legal areas, including employment matters, contracting, health care regulatory matters, and corporate governance across 40+ states. The Corporate Counsel will be a key partner to the business, with the need to understand the strategy and trajectory of the company, and to assist the business with solutions to reach our collective short and long-term goals and initiatives. The Corporate Counsel will be responsive and provide actionable legal advice to internal clients at all levels of the company.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Investigates, researches and provides general legal advice concerning a broad range of questions and circumstances which arise in the Company’s day-to-day business activities, operations and health care compliance. Makes and enacts legal decisions that impact the Company and its performance.
- Works with the Human Resource Department on matters related to employee relations, FMLA, ADA and compliance with employment laws.
- Assists in research, review, analysis, drafting, negotiation, and approval of various documents, contracts, policies, procedures and obligations to which the Company is or may become a party.
- Reviews and manages contested matters as well as open litigation as directed by the General Counsel as well as SVP, Legal to minimize exposure to the Company, and educates management as to how to avoid future litigation.
- Assists, as directed, in connection with providing legal guidance to the organization on joint ventures, and related due diligence.
- Doctoral Degree (JD, PhD) from A.B.A. Accredited Law School.
- A member in good standing of the state bar in which the individual works/resides.
- 5+ years of legal experience: In a corporate legal department or law firm (which provided counsel to a corporation on a variety of legal matters), practicing labor/employment law, and drafting and negotiating general business contracts.
- Ability to distinguish the relevant facts, ask appropriate questions, assimilate and analyze the information and apply legal relationships.
- Ability to synthesize all facets of a problem and draw effective conclusions, both for the short and long-term.
- Knowledge of health care and/or regulatory law.
- Experience working in health care compliance.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.