Idelic IncFull time amazon-web-services postgresql devops terraform scripting
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
amazon-web-services, postgresql, devops, terraform, scripting
Employer's note: Full-remote during COVID restrictions, preference long term to be on-site, open to remote for right candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Idelic’s DevOps team works closely with engineering to ship software and ensure its reliability in production. DevOps engineers manage our CI/CD pipeline, write Infrastructure as Code for our AWS environment, and monitor our production systems, including EC2, Kubernetes, and PostgreSQL RDS. DevOps is key in the successful delivery and scalability of our products.
- Manage CI/CD pipeline to deploy our SaaS products
- Monitor production systems using modern tooling
- Leverage IAC to deploy infrastructure in a repeatable and reliable manner
- Assist with managing database services in AWS including PostgreSQL RDS, ElasticCache, and others
- Assist our Data Services team with ETL pipeline and infrastructure needs
- Provide advice and support to developers and testers
- Communicate effectively and participate with team members in an Agile environment
- Perform peer code reviews and ensure contributions are of a high quality
- Work on any task and help solve problems — be humble and scrappy!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
- 5+ Years experience as a Software Engineer, DevOps, SRE, or System Engineer
- 1+ Years in a DevOps or SRE position
- Production experience managing, deploying, and monitoring infrastructure in a cloud or other virtualized environment
- Very comfortable with Docker, containerization in production
- Experience creating and managing a CI / CD pipeline
- Fluent in at least one scripting language
- Fluent with RDBMS fundamentals and concepts
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Deep experience with AWS and its various services
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, specifically Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with working with ETL pipelines
- Experience in the transportation industry
- Experience working in a high-growth early-stage technology startup company
THINGS THAT MAKE IDELIC A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- Competitive Compensation Package Including Equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a Company match
- Regular Company Outings and Events
- Kickstarter Company Breakfast every Monday / Lunch Served up Every Friday
- A Dynamic and Supportive Environment
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Be Part of a Small Team (to Start)— Which Translates To You Having A Big Personal Impact
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and to see. The employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee is regularly required to practice manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of the employee’s normal daily schedule.
Idelic is an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran’s status, or any characteristic protected by law.