Customer Support Representative
Customer service is often taken for granted. “Just do your job,” they say. “That's what we're paying you for,” they say. Not here. At Packlane, we see it as an art form. Because great service—where details matter most, problems get solved (not deflected), and relationships are built—is magical. We know that without the right person representing us on the front lines, we don't stand a chance. Our customers come to us because they want the best for their business. And the best starts with you.
What You'll Do
- Show off your proficient, positive, and proactive personality in every communication with our customers—not just on email, but also on live chat and phone where thinking on your feet is key.
- Be a steadfast Know-It-All when it comes to order status, product info, technical issues, pricing and more. And if you don't know it all, you'll know how to track it down. Fast.
- Keep our customers' accounts up to date, managing refunds or credits when necessary. Interact with customers via our internal tools as well as our social media accounts. Remember that part about solving (not deflecting) problems? Yeah, that.
- Work on one of the following rotations: evening shift Live Chat, afternoon/evening shift Email Support, or Phone Support.
Who You Are
- A total go-getter. You're bored if you're not rapid-task-switching and you think in parameters. Nothing is more satisfying for you than Inbox Zero. Confident.
- You're excited to be the face of Packlane to the other businesses who order with us. You're ready to share your personality, think critically, and problem-solve from start-to-finish.
- You're into video chatting with your coworkers and you jump at the chance to collaborate with other teams at Packlane.
- Detail-obsessed. You love to discover anything overlooked and live to aggregate the complexities. You plan the tough solutions and find it super rewarding to turn things around with worried customers.
- Enthusiastic and patient. You look forward to being part of a fun, close-knit support team that leads the fun company culture at Packlane as beacons of diplomacy, friendliness, and responsiveness all the time, ever. A communicator at heart, teamwork and clarity keep you going when the work piles on.
- Reliable. Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
Helpful & Required Technical Skills
- Print and design. You're familiar with printing processes and Adobe Creative Suite, or you're curious to learn.
- Project management systems like Trello and Jira, Google Docs, Slack, including threading and emoji proficiency ;-)
- Understanding of basic spreadsheets.
- Touch typing 65wpm or faster, with very few typos.
- Excellent grammar and consistent use of spell check.
- Comfortable with fast use and rapid, personalized tailoring of Saved Replies and macros (bonus points if you're familiar with Zendesk)
- Self-directed fast learner. We try new systems frequently!
- Work from almost anywhere! This is a fully remote position, with coverage expected within USA timezones.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday with optional Weekend coverage
- Please specify your preference for Chat, Email or Phone Support when applying
- Starting pay $15-17/hour