Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (healthfinch)
- US Remote
- Full time
Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
- Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
- Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
- Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
- Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer (healthfinch)
Location: US Remote
Travel: < 5%, US
Health Catalyst is excited about the recent acquisition of healthfinch and incorporating the healthfinch offerings into Health Catalyst’s healthcare analytics and process improvement solutions. This includes healthfinch’s “Charlie”…Charlie is the only solution of its kind that provides a robust, evidence-based protocol library with dedicated workflow optimization support. This unique combination enables clinics and health systems to reach peak efficiency when it comes to routine, repetitive EMR tasks.
Through integrations with EMRs, health systems around the country enjoy quicker execution of tasks, lower provider burnout, better quality metrics, and higher patient satisfaction.
This role will be working with healthfinch’s diverse, 100% remote software engineering team designing, developing, and maintaining our back-end clinical rules engine. You’ll rely on Test-Driven Development to safely enhance and refactor our system, shipping production code multiple times per week. …And you’ll go to bed each night with the comfort that your code is reducing physician burnout and improving outcomes for patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work mostly on clearly defined and scoped individual features or problems
- Has the ability to complete features / tasks that are 70-95% well defined
- Has the ability to discern where gaps can be filled in without consulting a Product Manager or another programmer, and when a consult is needed
Work is reviewed with the occasional need for material direction or implementation changes
- Guidance can come from PR reviews, pair-programming, and other interactions with Engineers and Product Managers
- Follows established patterns and approaches within existing code bases with ease
Takes ownership of learning and growth
- Capitalizes on internal and external opportunities for learning
- Identifies gaps in knowledge/skills and seeks ways to close those gaps (self-guided learning, pairing, requesting guidance from more experienced members of the team)
Periodic On Call Rotation
- Ability to communicate with Customer Success about customer issues that are escalated to Engineering
- Respond quickly to operational emergencies coming through OpsGenie
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Source control using git
- Software development experience within healthcare IT
- Understands key healthcare interoperability standards such as HL7v2, CDA, and FHIR
- Clojure, React, RSpec, AWS
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.