Data Scientist II
Data Scientist II
- Full Time
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index
MINDBODY is one of 230 companies selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women’s equality. We believe that when women thrive, companies thrive.
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
Makes sense of our data world through meaningful and actionable insights, identifying trends, delivering reports, informing product and infrastructure advancements, and promoting a culture of datadriven decision making.
The Data Scientist II focuses on extracting, understanding, manipulating and conveying complex data from MINDBODY’s production environment. This position works closely with their manager to prioritize tasks that are important to supporting our product and business units.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree, quantitative field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience performing quantitative data analysis
- Intermediate proficiency in MS SQL, SSIS, Excel, Access, Tableau, Salesforce, R, Python, Amazon RedShift, MS Azure
- Experience quantifying and prioritizing projects that require heavy data analysis
- Aptitude for numbers and a curiosity about information and data
- Ability to present data in a simple, clean, concise visual and written manner
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mindset, and highly organized
- Desire to work in a fast paced, potentially ambiguous, startuplike atmosphere
- Strong technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Development, Customer Experience and Marketing teams to determine analytical needs, gather requirements and deliver necessary reports and analyses
- Write SQL queries to run on data warehouse and production databases to fulfill adhoc data requests
- Analyze extracted data, review for accuracy and look for trends
- Provide insights and analyses around product and customer data
- Participate in the SQL code review process, particularly reviewing level I coding work
- Develop new scripts, KPIs and dashboards as needed
- Inform Development on decisions around usage tracking, data creation and storage, as well as product usage trends
- Apply advanced tools and methods to analyze product data and derive meaningful, actionable insights to Development and to the rest of the business
- Serve as subject matter experts (SMEs) in the areas of product usage and data schemas, for the benefit of other analysts as well as the Development team
- Attain a high degree of knowledge about MINDBODY’s data infrastructure
- Consult with management to understand current and future business goals and strategies, and ensure that highvisibility reporting and analysis is aligned
- All other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.