Adjunct Instructor – World History from a Culinary Perspective
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary ArtsFull time
Adjunct Instructor- World History from a Culinary Perspective: Remote/Home Based
- Fully Remote Remote Worker – N/A
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school’s professional programs offer the proven combination of a classic and contemporary approach to modern industry skills training as well as a sustainability-centered and business-focused curriculum. Professional programs in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts are available online and at ground campuses in Austin, Texas, and Boulder, Colorado. Escoffier also offers enthusiast training online and on ground. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced growth opportunity, we’d like to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.escoffier.edu
The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. The instructor provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable students to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. The instructor encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts (AESCA) model of curricula as well as supports the AESCA style of system delivery.
- Drives student engagement for the topic of history with a culinary viewpoint
- Provides appropriate Associate’s level video feedback in a fair, objective and positive manner within 72 hours of the day the assignment was submitted (excluding weekends).
- Follows the syllabus to stay in line with the timeline and to keep all classes consistent; and, to meet course competencies and the development of activities which support lesson objectives.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Gives student feedback at prescribed intervals.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Conducts regular outreach to At Risk students
- Identifies and communicates to appropriate department personnel information on At Risk students working with appropriate individuals to assist in the retention process.
- Participates in meetings as directed.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning through professional/technical skills development, introduction of industry perspective into courses, and active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: Minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree in or directly related to subject matter
Education and Experience: Preferred
- Master’s Degree in or directly related to subject matter
- Minimum of one year in professional foodservice or hospitality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Good conflict resolution and early at risk intervention skills.
- Good time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical and report writing skills)
- Specialized experience in Foodservice Operations
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.