Assessment Item Writer
Sketchy MedicalFull time
Title: Assessment Item Writer
- The Job: Contract
- Location: Remote, United States
We are looking for a dynamic, creative science educators, Assessment Item Writers, to join a team building the next generation of a growing online education platform. As an Assessment Item Writer, you ll work as part of our Medical Content Team, producing high-quality question items to accompany our basic science preclinical course content and enhance the learning experience for medical students. This independent contractor role provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate and dedicated content creators and make a positive impact on the education of future healthcare providers.
What you will do:
- Write original multiple choice format assessment items with comprehensive explanations for SketchyMedical s Quiz item pool
- Review and update content with attention to style, accuracy, clarity, consistency, educational value, and overall adherence to principles of good question item construction
- Collaborate with our art and production teams to create images and figures highlighting high-yield basic science concepts
- Revise written items based on feedback received from our editors and subject matter experts
- Write, self-edit, and submit for review a minimum of five (5) high-quality assessment items per week
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor s degree or higher in Biological/Biomedical Sciences (or closely related). M.D., D.O., or Ph.D. preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: tutoring or teaching biological/biomedical sciences, academic writing, and/or educational research
- Prior experience writing biological/biomedical sciences assessment items at college level or higher
- High performance on the USMLE Step 1 examination preferred
- Strong knowledge in the basic sciences preclinical curriculum including microbiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, physiology, and/or pathology
- Ability to teach complex basic science medical concepts
- Exceptional writing, editorial, and research skills
SketchyGroup LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SketchyGroup LLC encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.