Partners In HealthFull time
- Boston, Massachusetts or Remote, United States
- Reports to: Director, Creative Services
The Video Editor/Videographer is responsible for capturing and editing videos for internal and external purposes. As video has become the most effective way of communicating PIH’s brand and messaging on online platforms, the Video Editor will play a critical role as a member of the creative team. With a focus on mobile and social media platforms, the Editor will manage multiple projects at a time, ranging from high-quality complex video projects to fast turn-around social media ones. Additionally, the Video Editor will have the ability to assist in video capture on location, as required.
- Responsible for the editing the full range of video projects, across platforms
- Work closely with the creative team members to ensure timely and high-quality deliverables
- Receive briefs, collaborate on video storylines, shot lists, scripts, and treatments
- Create graphic treatment elements such as transitions, lower thirds, and motion graphics
- Create ‘rough cuts’ (or assembly edit) of the project and present them to internal stakeholders
- Work with the Production Manager to ensure the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing
- Work with the Director, Creative Services to experiment with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Work to obtain translations, transcriptions, and produce subtitles
- Suggest or select music tracks from commercial archives or work directly with hired composers
- Capture studio-quality photographs and video on location, as required
- Collaborate with Archivist to maintain a digital archive
- BA/BS in Communications, Film or equivalent in experience and education
- Six or more years of experience in storytelling via videography
- Experience with advanced multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Pre-visualize and/or storyboard shot ideas based on scripts or project outlines
- Knowledge of social media and how to engage audiences on digital platforms in the public space is essential to this role
- Competency in videography principles from scripting through final editing and show proficiency with branding guidelines using Adobe CS and video motion software such as Premiere Pro, Motion, and/or After Effects, Premiere and Prelude in an Apple Mac environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel, as needed, with the potential of some weekend work at times
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work with clients directly in edit sessions to assess needs and meet project requirements
- Commitment to social justice
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.