Senior Retail Planning Lead
Campbell Soup CompanyFull time
Title: Senior Retail Planning Lead
- Location Charlotte, North Carolina or United States Of America, Remote
- Full Time
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Retail Planning Lead is responsible for synthesizing all retail planning initiatives for their assigned retail geography. This role facilitates the translation of key brand/customer strategies to retail execution and works with their respective teams to ensure the delivery of gross sales targets, key event execution goals, and increased store ROI. As part of the Sales Business Management Process, the retail planning lead will increase retail execution effectiveness by constructing and communicating geographic sales plans, emphasizing key supporting sales drivers, and analyzing/monitoring ongoing performance, recommending necessary course-corrections.
- Directs and facilitates annual, quarterly, and monthly retail planning process for the Campbell’s Snacks sales.
- Sets and delivers geographic Gross Sales targets and event-level KPI’s, based on Customer team plans.
- Coordinates with cross functional teams, IBP, Sales Strategy, and Customer Teams to deliver brand strategies.
- Identify critically required DSMP store-level actions based on customer/brand team plans, to deliver geographic sales target.
- Partners and advises Retail Vice President to provide clear direction to geographic execution team, including performance against plan and execution against key events.
- Provide actionable insights for HQ, Customer Teams, Retail Execution teams to Drive winning plans, forecast accuracy, and retail efficiency.
- Facilitate field-up forecast and consolidated field retail intelligence impacting revenue attainment based on in-store conditions, including IDP feedback and competitive intelligence and consolidating field retail intelligence impacting revenue attainment.
- Oversee and coordinate process for all required customer team communications to retail execution teams as well as Independent DSD Partners (IDPs) in support of executing sales plans and building stronger distributor relationship.
- Sits on Retail VP leadership team
- Will provide leadership for multiple retail DSD geographies ranging in GS$ from $Xb to $Yb.
- Must be able to explain causal drivers for variations in regard to sales performance.
- Will require high attention to detail, strong excel and other planning systems, and ability to work collaboratively.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence without direct authority, strong business acumen understanding how all plan elements come together, and the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Complexity of the role varies with the geographic responsibility, as a function of the customers and market development.
- Minimum education required: College Degree
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years experience in CPG; DSD experience preferred
- DSD Knowledge – preferred
- Strong sales/IBP forecasting and customer planning experience and/or direct retail DSD execution experience.
- Experience establishing sales plans, analyzing sales performance, and explaining causal drivers for variations
- High degree of business and financial acumen, Ability to tie business drivers to expected financial results.
- Ability to prioritize and synthesize large volumes of sales information into simple actionable instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence up, down, and across an organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge and use of syndicated data resources (IRI & AC Nielsen).
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and Power point.
- Self motivated and effective team member
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
This role can be based in Charlotte or it can be remote (open to all locations)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.