Energy and Sustainability Director – Business Development
Energy & Sustainability Director – Business Development – Remote
- United States
- Facilities Management/Engineering/Maintenance
- CBRE Technical and Engineering Services: Join Our Team
CBRE’s Technical and Engineering Services has opportunities for professionals with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, material handling and other trade skills within facilities maintenance—from entry-level to seasoned management, we have a career for you. Start your journey: https://www.cbre.us/about/careers/technical-trades
The purpose of this position is to self-perform the sales and development of effective client energy & sustainability (E&S) valued based programs and/or solutions.
The Solution Architect works closely with CBRE Division Leaders and CBRE account management to optimize their operations across all service lines to improve and maximize opportunistic financial gain for both CBRE and client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable consultative leader for all energy and sustainability contractual client obligations ranging from one-time assessments to supporting client-based energy & sustainability program personnel.
- Provide subject matter expertise to CBRE leadership during RFP development and/or new account transition with an eye to both client and CBRE financial returns.
- Utilize and enhance the energy assessment framework, process and structure to provide accountability, value, and goal alignment for both clients and CBRE.
- Explore, understand, analyze, design, and prepare energy & sustainability solutions based on an ASHRAE Level I and/or Level II on-site assessment or virtual assessment of client assets.
- Prepare and present results of assessments, including priorities and impact(s) for turn-key projects, to CBRE leadership and to the client at all levels of management.
- Coordinate ASHRAE Level III opportunity development via CBRE approved vendors with an eye to CBRE turnkey project(s) financial return.
- Coordinate involvement of personnel from other CBRE departments to facilitate successful project(s) acceptance and implementation.
- Capacity to consult on life cycle cost and financial incentives to structuring an Energy as a Service program in lieu of capital investments.
- Monitor, evaluate and propose internal review of any beneficial client solutions not currently utilized by CBRE.
- Other duties may be assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Aids technical guidance and/or training to on account E&S personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years of related experience and/or training. Experience with energy modelling beneficial.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Professional Engineering License and/or AEE or IEnMP, CEM certification preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to internal and external customers. Ability to effectively present information.
DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYTICS
Ability to manage energy information, compile observations from energy assessments and evaluate both supply and demand side opportunity. Must have expertise/experience with EUI’s, CBEC’s, Energy Star, utility invoices, key site prioritization, energy asset consumption profiles, energy balance, energy consuming system types, LC/NC solutions, efficiency, RcX and building management systems interrogation.
FINANCIAL AND STATISTICAL KNOWLEDGE
Requires basic knowledge of financial and statistical terms and principles. Ability to define and present life cycle cost benefits from energy, maintenance and operations improvements as well as data mine utility rebates/incentives.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret energy data, utility invoices, and competitive audit reports, Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite Products, particularly Excel and Power Point. Comfortable working independently and collaboratively.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
US Company Profile
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2019 revenue). The company has more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 530 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.