Manager, Business Lifecycle Marketing
Manager, Business Lifecycle Marketing
- REMOTE – UNITED STATES
- G&A – BUSINESS MARKETING
Come be a part of our team at Yelp! Yelp is seeking a Marketing Manager for our Business Marketing Team. They will support the planning and execution of email, push, and in-app messaging programs to increase the use of Yelp’s paid products and services. The ideal candidate is both technical and strategic: confident building complex campaigns in a marketing automation system as well as developing strategy, writing creative briefs, and seeing campaigns through to execution, analysis, and optimization.
If you live in that rare sector of the Venn diagram, where strategic meets technical, creative meets analytical, and organized meets agile, then we’d love to hear from you.
Millions of small businesses all across North America rely on Yelp to launch and grow their brand and acquire new customers. From restaurants to plumbers to wedding photographers, Yelp has nurtured one of the largest communities of consumers and business owners in the world. But we’re not done yet. We have a massive growth opportunity, to deliver more products, with smarter offers, designed to address the needs of more types of customer, at just the right point in their lifecycle. We have more marketing channels to communicate through, enabled by more powerful tech, informed by richer data, and a growing team to execute against ever-bolder strategies.
Business owners have never needed our help more than now. The economic volatility due to COVID-19 has put tremendous strain on many sectors, and is unlocking new opportunities for others. As so many consumers adapt to working from home, and need to budget more carefully, Yelp’s trusted content and reviews are more important than ever. While restaurants adapt to delivery and outdoor dining and yoga studios start virtual classes, bike stores, mobile pet groomers, and home service professionals are seeing strong demand. Yelp has launched new products and services to help businesses to attract and engage with customers in their new reality. We have work to do to deliver the right product to the right customer, at the right time, at the right price (including free), through the right channel. This is what you would lead.
This will be a remote role based in the US.
Where You Come In:
- You’ll use a marketing automation platform (we use Salesforce Marketing Cloud) to set up email and push campaigns to educate, engage, and convert small business prospects and advertisers on Yelp
- You’ll uncover opportunities for marketing campaign optimization across the customer lifecycle including segmentation and personalization and champion the business owner experience while driving critical business metrics
- You’ll own a set of campaigns end-to-end: from strategy and build to reporting, analysis, and optimization
- You’ll write creative briefs and manage production workflow to ensure campaigns are delivered on time and within agreed strategy and plan
- You’ll plan, design, and execute lifecycle marketing tests to uncover opportunities for driving increased campaign engagement and conversion
- You’ll work with product and marketing stakeholders to ensure lifecycle communications are closely aligned with product releases and user experience
- You’ll identify and troubleshoot issues in complex marketing programs
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 4-5+ years of experience in marketing, with 2+ years focused on CRM or Lifecycle, Engagement, Retention or Email Marketing.
- You have expertise building marketing automation campaigns using top-tier tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, or similar
- You are comfortable modifying and updating HTML and CSS email templates to create new or update existing campaigns
- You have experience in B2B marketing, especially small businesses, or B2C marketplaces
- You have experience at digital companies with a self-service customer acquisition model
- You are strongly analytical, including using data to derive insights, produce regular reporting, and perform A/B testing and analysis
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are adept at partnering with many stakeholders to produce campaigns in a fast-moving environment
- You have email marketing expertise at scale
- You have experience with app marketing, including Push Notifications and in-app messaging
- You are intellectually curious and a quick learner
- You are a team player
- Bonus points: Ability to perform SQL queries and retention marketing program experience, including loyalty, referrals, or churn-reduction campaigns
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
CCPA Privacy Notice
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.