Insurance Editor – Reviews.com
At a Glance:
Red Ventures is looking for an editor who will help lead our car insurance, home insurance, and related industry coverage on Reviews.com. This editor will be responsible for ideating, assigning editing, and publishing content about insurance in a newsroom-style setting (with both internal and freelance writers). Stories will range all the way from hard-hitting, long-form data studies to fun, pop-culture crossovers. Expertise (or experience in) the insurance industries is preferred, but candidates with broader personal finance expertise and/or a demonstrated history of mastering new subjects quickly may also qualify.
Our team is primarily based in Charlotte, North Carolina and San Juan, Puerto Rico, but we encourage remote applicants as well for this role.
Join one of the most trusted consumer resources on the web and help millions of people make better decisions about the services they use, from internet access to car insurance. The Reviews.com team evaluates consumer services and writes amazing, meticulous reviews – so you don’t have to. We’re always looking for creatives, engineers, and analysts to join our team and help us achieve our mission: being the ultimate guide to the best services.
What You’ll Do:
- Ideate, assign, edit, and publish insurance content based on trending news analysis and topical data.
- Actively cultivate deeper subject matter expertise with ongoing industry research and networking.
- Manage and develop internal and freelance writers to increase their subject matter expertise and improve their craft.
- Act as an expert spokesperson for Reviews.com in interviews with the media about our insurance coverage.
- Work closely with other teams (SEO, business analysts, etc) to optimize editorial content for organic search and other cross-functional priorities.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 1 year of writing/editing experience
- Insurance or personal finance experience/expertise preferred, and/or a history of learning about difficult topics fast
- Experience making data trends easy to understand in a narrative story
- Experience with a CMS like Wordpress
- A passion for narrative stories, research, and innovative content strategy
A Red Ventures Brand:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate.