Director, Revenue Strategy and Operations
Director, Revenue Strategy & Operations
- Remote (United States)
CircleCI is looking for a driven Director of Revenue Strategy & Operations with strong Sales and Customer Success strategy experience to help drive the strategy, execution, and scale of CircleCI’s revenue growth. This is a two sided role, strategic planning and analysis coupled with operational execution and reporting. The ideal candidate loves this balance of execution tied to strategic planning. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will lead a team that will play a key strategic and leadership role by partnering closely with Sales and Customer Success as well as regional leadership (EMEA, APAC, LATAM).
Primary responsibilities include establishing business strategy, executing operational cadence (e.g., forecasting, reporting), producing analytics and business insights, and fiscal planning activities (e.g., territory design, quota-setting, customer book analysis). You will apply your established strategic problem solving skills as well as leadership skills to lead your team in evaluating business performance, leading strategic initiatives, and crafting concise, data-driven recommendations to drive revenue growth across our freemium model as well as traditional sales driven approach. Your approach always has tactical implementation in mind that focuses on increasing revenue and productivity. You will be working cross-functionally with Finance, Operations, Product, Marketing and other departments to ensure we build efficient and scalable business across the entire company. You possess keen analytical abilities and strong communication and project management skills to maximize the effectiveness of CircleCI growing Sales and Customer Success teams.
As a member of the Revenue organization, you will help drive new initiatives and make a large impact on our rapidly growing global business. Sound interesting? Come work with us!
What you’ll do:
- Sales and Customer Success strategy
- Work in close partnership with Sales and Customer Success leadership to Identify and execute on sales and customer strategies to maximize revenue growth and team success. Work closely with Centralized Operations team to create, define, optimize, and roll out new systems, processes, and analysis to support 100% y/y revenue and team growth
- Data-driven insights & analytics
- Own all reporting, planning, business analysis to surface data-driven insights to drive strategy and key business decisions. Effective at identifying, planning and executing projects, processes and tools that drive revenue and enable sales, customer success and marketing productivity. Develop and maintain revenue related KPIs and analytics from Enterprise Sales to freemium conversion analytics. Lead analysis on business performance to drive operational changes. Familiarity with basic statistical analysis and modeling required to help assess data insights
- Executive level presentations
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of our business and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify growth opportunities. Develop key insights for executive-level presentations and drive critical business decisions
- Build and coach high performing teams
- Coach, develop, and manage a high performing team to ensure execution of multiple workstreams and projects as well as managing multiple stakeholders across the business. Build a vision and strategy for the team as well as have a keen eye for planning and tackling obstacles to ensure the team stays on track
- Manage Enablement team to ensure proper onboarding, training, skill development, and role enablement to ensure high productivity and team achievement. Work closely with Senior Manager of Enablement to ensure strategy drives successful outcomes for teams
- Compensation design and analysis
- Help design, analyze, and manage variable sales and customer success compensation plans across channels to drive the right incentives that are aligned with business outcomes in a complex contract model. Partner with Finance to drive accuracy and efficiency in payouts and compensation administration. Contribute to the development of bonus structures and spiffs
- Sales planning, pipeline management & forecasting
- Partner with Sales leadership to design and manage territories and books of business. Proactively provide analysis, forecasts and reporting to enable Sales leadership to manage effectively. Manage global market segmentation and targeting efforts and account prioritization within sales
- Customer health, risk, & retention insights
- Optimize health and risk models for the customer success and account team model by establishing processes and policies, business requirements, and data governance. Ensure deep understanding of the customer experience and drive adoption and customer satisfaction
- Cross functional initiatives
- Design, implement, and project manage cross functional initiatives to drive future Revenue growth (e.g., pricing, international expansion, lead conversion and ROI, etc) in partnership with internal stakeholders. Lead annual planning/budgeting efforts as well as mid-long range planning in partnership with Finance
What we’re looking for:
- At least 7 years of experience in sales and/or customer strategy, operations, business operations, finance or other strategic role at a fast growing startup – strongly prefer MBA plus management consulting experience
- Experience enabling Sales and Customer Success teams in a high-growth environment
- Exceptionally strong analytical experience in KPI reporting, sales and pipeline analysis, customer lifecycle analysis, forecasting, planning, budgeting, and P&L management
- Possess keen business acumen and project management skills, with a strong bias for data-informed decisions-making
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally with Finance, Sales, Marketing and Product to ensure the revenue organization is supported
- Exceptional quantitative and Google Sheets/Excel skills. Proficiency with databases, analytical tools and SQL a plus!
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com and sales productivity platforms (Marketo, Gong, Outreach, Xactly, DiscoverOrg, Gainsight), particularly with complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Passion for helping your team develop, learn, and succeed
- A growth mindset, and a sense of humor
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience. MBA strongly preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.