- Full Time
Do you learn quickly and want to help make a difference in the healthcare industry? Do you have incredible writing and editing skills with a passion for getting things right for clients? Would you like to use your skills in a collaborative and fast-paced work environment?
If so, this may be the perfect role for you! Please review the details below and click “Apply” today if this role excites you as a potentially amazing fit!
- At least 5 years of writing and/or technical editing experience, preferably in a health-related field.
- Knowledge of technical/medical terminology.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to work accurately is critical.
- Fluent in English, with in-depth knowledge of the rules of grammar and style.
- Ability to communicate well with others and to work with staff in remote locations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work on several projects concurrently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, ability to manage files, work within an electronic environment (IWS/iFolders/Intervals/Data Deposit Box).
- Ability to search bibliographic databases and the Internet.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in English or equivalent education
- Performs technical editing on all Hayes products, including Directory reports, Health Technology Briefs, Genetic Test Evaluation Reports and Synopses, Search & Summary reports, Prognosis reports, News Service reports, marketing releases, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, and special projects.
- Technical editing tasks include:
- Verifying references, including online sources, and checking for proper format according to Company and Product-specific Style Guides.
- Searching and verifying study results in text and evidence tables.
- Correcting grammar and punctuation in text.
- Ensuring that all information is presented in a consistent manner and according to established Hayes guidelines for correct format, style, and terminology (Company and Product-specific Style Guides).
- Create clickable links in the appropriate sections of the report.
- Provide feedback to the analysts for each report. This includes a list of questions that require analysts to provide clarification or further information, and a list of any style and format problems encountered in the report. The editor may also provide one-on-one training to analysts to provide tips and answer questions.
- Alerting the Product Manager or Manager of Digital Production of any unresolved problems that may need to be resolved during the Content Editing phase.
- Performing quality checks and corrections of Directory reports, Health Technology Briefs, Genetic TestEvaluation Reports and Synopses, Search & Summary reports, Prognosis reports, News Service reports on the IWS staging site and live site
- Training the newly on-boarded Technical Editing staff.
- Proactively cultivate the Technical Editing staff’s quality of work.
Technical editors may also perform the following duties at the discretion of , and under the supervision of, the Manager of Digital Production:
- Search for and add relevant regulatory information from the FDA website.
- Search for and add payer coverage policy information, including CMS.
- Search for and add relevant clinical trial information.
- Search for and add relevant professional policy statements.
- Check cost information.
- Construct Impact Tables.
- Format Web Tables.
- Other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Manager of Digital Production.
PHYSICAL CAPACITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Adequate hearing ability and clarity of speech to facilitate telephone interaction. Sufficient manual dexterity and vision for reading and editing electronic and hardcopy documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.