Lightboard seeks a great illustrator to join our team. We work with sales and marketing departments to deliver presentations, PDFs, illustrations, and landing pages. Illustrators work under the guidance of an art director and account manager to deliver editorial and spot illustration. Our platform removes (some of) the headaches of contracting, making it easy to collaborate and create amazing work.
We are a no-nonsense design service that delivers quality craftsmanship to established brands like 3M, Autodesk, and GitHub, as well as innovative younger companies like BloomReach, ExtraHop, and FullContact.
We believe the traditional agency model is fundamentally broken. Our clients don’t need a full-service creative agency—they’ve already developed their strategy and need high-quality design to bring it to life, quickly and efficiently.
And that’s what Lightboard does.
About the Position
We trust our illustrators to delight our customers, and we support them with experienced project and account managers, who handle logistic, budget, and strategic issues so they can focus on doing great work.
This is a position where you get to work with a lot of different clients, brands, and styles. Most projects are wrapped up in a few days, and our collaboration software keeps feedback and assets organized. Attention to detail, dedication to the craft of design, and a positive attitude are a must.
We work primarily with B2B marketing teams, which means we do conceptual illustrations to explain how a product works, editorial illustration to support ebooks or blog posts, and spot illustration to add a bit of personality to a design. We are looking for a well-rounded illustrator who is strong in a range of styles, comfortable taking a project from brief to completion, and loves creating great work.
For examples of the quality of our work, please take a look at our portfolio and our Dribbble profile.
What you need:
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Expertise with a range of illustration styles and comfortable navigating from concept to sketch to final product.
- Experience working as an illustrator in an editorial, agency, or in-house role.
- Exquisite portfolio of editorial or B2B illustration.
Super-duper bonus points:
- Experience with layout and web design.
- Extraordinary collection of funny cat GIFs.
- Engaged as a full-time freelancer. We do not work with moonlighting designers.
- Expertise in starting each item in a bulleted list with the same letter.
How it works:
- 10-40hrs per week, working remotely.
- We match you with projects that fit your style.
- Our account managers manage client feedback and coordination.
- We have art directors and developers available to help with more complex projects.
We think that the design world is changing. More companies need design, and they’re not turning to agencies or in-house designers. We’ve written the software to handle this changing demand, and we’re looking for awesome people to help make this happen.