Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
- Remote, United States
Hi, I’m Zibby Keaton, Head of External Comms at Puppet,
I’m looking for a Social Media Manager to accelerate the adoption of Puppet’s commercial and open source offerings through a proactive and data-driven approach to social and digital marketing. You will help develop the strategy and oversee the day-to-day execution of strategic organic social media initiatives that expand Puppet’s brand awareness. This includes social media content and channel management, measurement and analysis of social media initiatives, and establishing and maintaining social media governance. This role requires a good deal of independent thinking and the ability to build out a strong social strategy for a global company. In short, you will be the voice of our brand on social media.
Meaningful work you’ll contribute
- Quickly assess the landscape of challenges and opportunities within all of the Puppet’s social media properties. Create and execute strategies for social media channels including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all key social media channels.
- Plan and manage the publishing calendar, social objectives, messaging, writing of posts, sourcing or creating the visual images for these posts, aligning to the overall product and marketing plan.
- Create and maintain a consistent voice for Puppet online that is engaging and authentic to our IT audiences.
- Implement best practices for social listening, uploading, tagging, reporting, and optimization of channels.
- Grow engagement, reach, and impact through proactive organic campaigns and management.
- Implement strategies for leveraging employees to amplify Puppet news in their own social networks.
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and manage strategies to support senior executives’ visibility and engagement in social media.
- Seek and evaluate new social media platforms and technology opportunities and stay at the forefront of the adoption of new social media trends, tools, and channels.
- Partner with internal subject matter experts to respond to support and product-related questions.
- Support social media objectives across all the time zones Puppet conducts business in.
- An experienced writer with exemplary attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A highly collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills who works cross-departmentally and globally. Must have a high degree of comfort working with people in diverse groups with tight deadlines to propose new strategies and implement them.
- Scrappy and self-directed. You are skilled at autonomously driving projects in a startup environment with minimal guidance and limited resources while having a ton of freedom and creativity to continue moving forward. You roll up your sleeves and drive execution and results.
- Flexible and accountable. You have an ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiative.
Valuable experiences and skills you’ll bring to Puppet
- 2-3 years experience managing social media for a B2B technology company in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated capability to independently create engaging copy, imagery, and video content for targeted audiences and to support stated goals.
- A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
- Sound editorial judgment with an informed POV on content that will appeal to Puppet’s demographic.
- Demonstrated ability to set realistic social media goals, as well as to interpret, summarize and present social media ROI to stakeholders.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience):
- 2-3 years of social media community management experience is a plus.
- Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop thereour product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and supportand we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.