LifeLabs LearningFull time
We are looking for a detail-loving, problem-solver and process optimizer. Come help us transform the workplace into a practice lab for mastering life’s most useful skills!
LifeLabs Learning is the go-to employee development resource for hundreds of the world’s most innovative companies (like Warby Parker, The New York Times, Clif Bar, Reddit, Sony Music, and TED). We offer manager and people-skills training that blends science and practical tools.
Our team is a diverse, close-knit group of researchers, consultants, and experience designers. We get excited about brain science, nudge encourage each other to improve, give frequent feedback, make each other laugh, and have one another’s backs. Our hubs are in NYC and SF, and we also have Labmates who work remotely. Learn more about us here!
As our Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with our Operations Team and assist in a variety of critical business areas. Your goal will be to proactively aid our team by scheduling meetings, keeping data up-to-date, and updating our internal systems.
A week in the life of an Operations Coordinator:
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding:
- Send timely communication to candidates and new hires
- Keep job postings accurate and up-to-date
- Schedule interview and onboarding meetings
- Internal communication and employee experience:
- Update our weekly internal newsletter, meeting documents, and process checklists
- Keep company-wide calendar up-to-date with events, meetings, and holidays
- Oversee company-wide sprint board and process
- Oversee company directory of volunteer projects
- Oversee employee directory
- Assist in the production of team events and retreats
- “Office” management:
- Research and select vendors that align with our needs and company values (including DEI criteria)
- Order materials (such as worksheets and office supplies)
- When we return to in-person work:
- Book office space
- Assist in office research and moves
- Book travel and manage travel arrangements for internal events
- Assist with a variety of special projects
Operations Coordinator Prerequisites:
- Ability to keep small details from slipping through the cracks
- Eagerness to help others (because you genuinely care about humans)
- Ability to adapt, learn, and stay positive in the face of change and ambiguity
- Comfort juggling many tasks, projects, and relationships at once
- Advanced time management and organization skills
- Strong written communication skills (particularly the ability to write clear, playful emails)
- Ability to communicate with clarity and warmth over phone and video calls
- An eagerness and skill in giving and receiving feedback
- Proficient in Mac IOS
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Want to apply but not sure if you’d be the right fit? If we sound like the right place for you, we want to hear from you. There is no ‘perfect’ candidate. Everyone brings something different to the team, and our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and identities makes LifeLabs Learning an amazing place to work. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
Let’s do this! Come be part of a team where you will learn something new every day, challenge yourself and others, laugh a lot, and make a real impact by helping people master life’s most useful skills.
- Start date: January – February, 2020
- Location: Remote/virtual
- Compensation: $45,000 salary (with predictable schedule of pay increases)
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 18 vacation days, 9 paid holidays, 1 personal values day, 401K, team profit share, annual Learning FUNd and Learning Days, lending library, dedicated peer coach, ongoing training, biannual team retreats.
- Timeline: We are collecting applications on a rolling basis. Please be aware that we will begin reaching out and scheduling interviews in December.