- Level: Experienced
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: 4 Year Degree
- Job Category: Finance
At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We’re backed by leading edtech investors, and have won numerous awards including Edtech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We’ve adopted a remote-first culture. Our diverse team is based across the US with many working out of our office headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL or Remote
Nearpod is experiencing rapid growth and seeks a Finance Manager to bolster our Finance team. This position will fulfill three critical components of the Finance function. First, the Finance Manager will play an integral part in providing executive leadership with a deep understanding of company performance and trends ensuring sound decision-making to guide Nearpod as we expand our reach. Second, she or he will work closely with the CFO and Director of FP&A to create and communicate reporting packages, pitch decks, long-term models and other data and analyses to outside parties such as Private Equity investors, Investment Bankers, and the company’s Lenders. Third, this role will support the evolution of Nearpod’s finance processes by enhancing and maintaining the company’s cash flow model and anticipating cash needs, supporting leadership’s preparation for Nearpod’s Board of Directors meetings, and driving key portions of the company’s forecasting and budgeting processes.
The Finance Manager will partner with the Director of FP&A to increase and refine financial leadership and provide support to departmental initiatives. Amongst other duties and responsibilities, you will help to develop reporting and modelling of both standard SaaS metrics and key components of the company’s costs such as hosting and partner royalties. Additionally you will draft external investor and monthly loan covenant reports and survey responses. She or he will operate at all levels and be comfortable rolling-up sleeves to dive deep into data, as well as communicating findings in an executive manner appropriate for C-level discussions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Refine and maintain Nearpod’s Cash Flow Forecast in partnership with the Director of FP&A.
- Support preparation of Nearpod’s semi-monthly Board of Directors’ decks and backup materials.
- Build financial models to support executives review of business activities
- Prepare reporting packages for Nearpod Investors and bankers.
- Support Nearpod departmental leadership on an ongoing basis by partnering on analytical requests and modelling in support of decision-making.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses as requested.
- Prepare financials and reporting packages.
- Identify key inputs that will impact the company planning and forecasting processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field required
- Understanding of SaaS business models a must
- Prior experience in a SaaS company, or at a PE/Venture Capital firm with SaaS investments preferred.
- M&A or, buy or sell side due diligence experience preferred
- Advanced financial modeling experience
- At least 3-5 years experience in Finance
- Experience in Netsuite, Salesforce
- Advanced Excel skills a must
- Comfort working in-depth with data in an environment of ambiguity
- Basic understanding of GAAP
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Positive attitude, desire to learn and partner with colleagues outside of Finance & Accounting.
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
Nearpod is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.