Director of Sales
Closed LoopFull time
Director of Sales
- Location: Remote Remote US
- United States
Closed Loop is a digital advertising agency that helps innovative companies like Vudu, Clover, and FICO achieve massive growth. This accomplishment is due, in part, to a work environment built on mutual respect, collaboration and doing whatever it takes to find the best solution for our clients. We give our passionate, challenge-loving and high-achieving people the necessary tools and opportunities to reach their potential.
We are currently looking for a digital advertising sales executive to help grow our business. Using your expertise in digital advertising, you will work closely with our Client Services team to develop digital advertising solutions for prospective clients that will drive real results. You will report to the President of Closed Loop and will work directly with executives from major B2B and B2C brands.
This can either be a full-time telecommute position for those with demonstrable experience working remotely or an in-office position for people who live in the Greater Sacramento Area.
We hire people excited by three things: learning, solving new challenges, and delivering meaningful business results to clients. If this sounds like you, you have the specific skills we need, and you want to join a company voted as one of the best places to work, then let’s talk.
What to expect:
As our Director of Sales you will build upon our current sales processes while being highly focused on delivering value and building relationships with attractive prospects.
In the first few months, you will learn our current sales processes and partner with the CEO to optimize those processes through new sales collateral and presentation decks. You will be responsible for qualifying and categorizing leads so we focus on the highest value leads. You will conduct regular outreach to key prospects in order to set qualified sales meetings for yourself and the CEO. After a few short months, you will take full ownership of the sales process and lead our sales effort independently. As we grow, the vision is for you to hire, lead, and manage additional sales resources.
This is a high impact role that will require you to wear multiple hats, work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an extremely high attention to detail and quality.
The base salary for this position will range from $60,000 – $80,000 with on-target earnings of $150,000 or more per year.
How you’ll be measured:
- Annual Contract Value (ACV) of new business
- Closed deals
- High retention of newly acquired clients
What you’ll do:
- Own the entire sales process – from the initial contact through qualifying leads, booking meetings, solution design, advertising audit delivery, proposal development, and final close.
- Work from leads generated by our inbound marketing team as well as high-value leads that you source by building an outbound hunting program. By leveraging Pipedrive, Autopilot, Mixmax, SEMRush, and other platforms you will build targeted prospect lists to hunt high-value targets.
- Acquire top-tier clients – those clients who meet our strict media spend requirements, are a good fit for our company’s culture, allow us to do our best work, and are very likely to be retained for the long-term. We are all about long-term partnerships with our clients.
- Work with the company CEO, President, and marketing team to create and execute a cohesive & impactful sales strategy.
- Continuously improve sales processes to increase conversion rates throughout the sales funnel.
- Contribute to the company vision – specifically how we should position ourselves in the marketplace and what products/services we should provide.
- Expand Closed Loop’s network of industry leaders while representing Closed Loop at conferences, webinars, other events.
- Develop innovative strategies for pursuing new revenue and making an impact on our business. To be successful, you’ll do more than just work the leads you get. You’ll identify new sources of business and build the processes needed to pursue that business.
- Use technology to enhance your effectiveness – automating processes, keeping sales data current, and providing performance updates to the executive team.
- A track record of success in delivering and/or selling services in a digital advertising agency.
- Deep understanding of digital advertising. You are able to build credibility and trust with the Closed Loop team and prospective clients.
- Incredible written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex concepts in ways that will gain the support of key decision-makers.
- Demonstrated sales capability and discipline, balancing closing the deals in the pipeline with keeping the pipeline full.
- A hunter’s mindset, but also the ability to sell with authenticity.
- The willingness and ability to challenge prospects to think differently and see new possibilities.
- Experience using the signals contained in marketing data to identify good prospects and points of leverage to help close deals. Deep experience with marketing & sales technology (e.g. Pipedrive, Autopilot) is a plus.
- Comfort with fast-paced environments, juggling multiple priorities, and the ability to prioritize on the fly.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Excellent benefits: Medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a generous time off policy.
- Interesting work: We make a point of working with clients we find interesting. As a result, our work includes a wide variety of clients, industries, and challenges.
- Great colleagues: You’ll work with a team of experts who value skill and ability more than fancy rhetoric. We work hard and have as much fun as possible while doing it. There’s a lot of good laughter in the office.
- Lunch: We have lunch catered in from different local restaurants nearly every day, along with a variety of stocked snacks, beverages, etc. It’s true – and it’s awesome.
Interested? If you like what you see, please complete our application, upload your resume and provide us with your best cover letter. We actually read them! Please note that prior to any offer of employment, reference and background checks will be performed. Closed Loop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.