Project Manager – Information Technology
Greenway Medical TechnologiesFull time
Project Manager – Information Technology
- US – Remote
- Full Time
The Project Manager role knows how to bring out the best in people. This position requires a combination of self-confidence, humility, and a natural ability to demonstrate servant leader skills. This role seeks continuous quality improvement navigation of stakeholders and varying requirements. It requires an individual who is undeterred by challenges and seeks to work through them to optimize processes and outcomes. The Project manager values team growth and understands how to align teams to meet and exceed the organization’s goals. This role encourages team members to be organized and autonomous while engaging others to continuously improve processes. This role looks for ways to “do work better” and think in a way that is strategic and visionary to plan for and ameliorate risks and drive home success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Integrate with and lead several IT project teams focused on helping the teams perform at their highest levels.
- Lead projects, develop plans and timelines, monitor progress.
- Facilitate meetings, follow up as needed, direct and coordinate activities.
- Clearly & regularly communicate expectations, next steps, achievements, and issues
- Maintain understanding of professional best practices for Agile and Sequential Project Management.
- Apply appropriate best practices in management of projects.
- Communicate with larger company network for impediment removal.
- Engage Stakeholders in your projects with clear RACI delegation from project charter
- Maintain relevant Agile SDLC metrics that help the team see how they are progressing.
- Liaise between the development teams and product management while fostering better communication between the disciplines.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure release readiness.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating user-feedback sessions throughout the development life cycle.
- Create company network awareness of the team’s activities.
- Identify and communicate risks to targeted delivery dates.
- Be a subject matter expert in work item tracking and project tracking software.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Project Management, Software Development, Information Technology, Cyber-Security, or similar field preferred.
- Experience may substitute for degree.
- Agile/Scrum or PMI Agile Certified Professional preferred.
- Three to five years demonstratable project management experience in software development, or IT Services (Cyber-security, software implementation), or healthcare IT services (software or application implementation, robotics implementation, interface development/implementation).
- Expertise in the software development life cycle, preferably agile lifecycle management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a matrixed resource environment.
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures (SDLC).
- Understand the value of commitment to delivery made by development team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
- High expertise with project management practices, with strong emphasis on estimating and planning, servant-leadership, and better development practices.
- In depth knowledge of iterative development and continuous delivery within any scaled Agile model.
- Familiarity with cross-team planning and collaboration (ex: Scaled Agile Framework Program Increment Planning or Long-Range Planning).
- Strong ability to grow and lead teams through various stages of group development (from forming stage through to performing).
- Knowledge of one or more development tracking tools (JIRA, Rally, CollabNet, etc.) required. Experience with VersionOne a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more project management tools required. Experience with Smartsheet a plus.
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Knowledge of resource management and cost modeling with impact statement.
- Knowledge of healthcare IT extremely helpful.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While at work, this position is primarily a sedentary job and requires that the associate can work in an environment where they will consistently be seated for the majority of the work day
- This role requires that one can sit and regularly type on a key board the majority of their work day
- This position requires the ability to observe a computer screen for long periods of time to observe their own and others’ work, as well as in-coming and out-going communications via the computer and/ or mobile devices.
- The role necessitates the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers and other associates
- The work environment is an open room with other associates and noise from others will be part of the regular work day