Director of Software Engineering
IntelageFull time reactjs typescript nestjs mongodb graphql
About this job
Compensation: $125k - 150k | Equity
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
reactjs, typescript, nestjs, mongodb, graphql
Director of Software Engineering - Intelage
Description: As our Director of Software Engineering at Intelage, you will be responsible for the development, management and delivery of our entire technical roadmap. You will collaborate closely with design, product and marketing leaders in order to deliver compelling products and services for our customers. You will drive the technical vision while building out a team of developers at a rapid pace; ensuring that the right thing is built at the right time and, most importantly, in the right way.
This is a hands-on position where you will be expected to develop software in addition to leading the technical team; stepping in as needed to get the job done. The ideal candidate must be comfortable operating in an ambiguous, fast changing environment with rapid iteration cycles. You will act as an influencer throughout the organization and embody radical ownership of your team’s deliverables.
A successful candidate must have a background in computer science, strong leadership abilities, experience running Agile teams, proven delivery of complex technical roadmaps and be detail oriented with excellent problem solving abilities. This is a high-impact, strategic role. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Responsible for the technical deliveries of the software development life cycle
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management and execution against project, product plans and delivery commitments
- Report on status of development, quality, developer operations, and system performance to management
- Ensure the right thing is being built and delivered at the right time in the right way
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing software development teams
- Minimum 8 years total software industry experience, including hands-on development and/or team management
- Technical lead that has successfully scaled a startup from early to midsize and beyond
- Experience in OOP, knowledge of relevant design patterns and designing highly scalable systems
- Full lifecycle software development team management experience, from inception to delivery, through production operations
- Experienced in full-stack development using the following technologies: Typescript, React, NestJS, MongoDB, AWS, CI, GraphQL, CloudFront, Docker
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile methodology
- Experience launching and maintaining complex features
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Intelage is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Intelage is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.