HomeeFull time amazon-web-services docker continuous-integration terraform ansible
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Mobile Application, Property Management
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, docker, continuous-integration, terraform, ansible
Be instrumental in the building of our AWS based cloud operations for our on-demand home services platform with a special focus on data at scale, performance, and resiliency. You'll be crafting unique approaches to solving difficult problems, contributing to the continuous improvement of our engineering practices, building infrastructure as code, in a resilient and replicable manner. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a growing, success-driven team. Validity values a highly collaborative, cross-functional, positive culture, and approach to developing products. Craftsmanship and ownership are important to us. This position involves using advanced critical thinking to solve common issues seen in on-demand service platforms supporting the gig economy.
We are looking for a highly reliable and very disciplined person who will remain committed to the progress of our team and our company. The whole organization will move faster and deliver higher quality products backed by well-written code.
- Help build our next generation platform based with a focus on resiliency, predictability, and scalability.
- Automate and autoscale infrastructure.
- Become an active participant in the cloud, platform, security, and product roadmap conversations.
- Work with the product owners to determine specification requirements
- Write maintainable, well-documented code with extensive test coverage
- Recommend and perform software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- A passionate engineer who lives and breathes AWS cloud, infrastructure as code, CI/CD, applications at scale.
- 5+ years of work experience building, loving, and caring for AWS cloud operations with some combination of the skills below.
- Great experience with many AWS products including but not limited to ECS, EKS, Lambda, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code.
- Experience with containerized applications.
- Experience with a distributed container orchestration platform or the strong desire to immediately obtain significant experience.
- Experience with any CI/CD platform and understanding the principles and best practices.
- Able to geek out on monitoring, instrumentation, observability with a detective mindset.
- Bonus points for mid-level programming capabilities.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with microservices and transport protocols such as GRPC.
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, and/or Cloudformation
- Familiarity with Typescript