News Fact Checker
News Fact Checker, Treehugger
- Contract / Freelance United States
About Your Role:
As a News Fact Checker on Treehugger, our sustainability site, you will be responsible for checking news content to make sure all facts are accurate, supported by reputable sources, and that the copy is free from spelling or grammatical errors. The rate for this position is $20/hour.
This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be available to commit about 25-30 hours per week.
News fact checkers must be available to work Monday through Friday, around 10 am – 4 pm EST every day, in order to review the news articles in a timely manner.
- At least two years of fact-checking experience in digital or print media
- Experience in natural science, sustainable living/design, environmental policy, and green technology content a must
- Comfortable working in a content management system
- Able to work quickly, independently, and accurately
- Available to allot about 30-35 hours weekly, for set hours Monday through Friday
- Willing to be featured on the site, including bio and headshot