Teaching Assistant in Computer Information Systems
Strayer UniversityFull time
Teaching Assistant in Computer Information Systems – Online (Part-Time)
- Remote / Nationwide
- Part time
To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on Teaching Assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number of students.
We are currently in search of a passionate part-time Teaching Assistant to support our online undergraduate level Computer Information Systems class for our Summer quarter starting January 4, 2021.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
- Analyze student activity within discussions and assessments and choose the appropriate responses
- Accurately use the right type of responses based upon training and input from the master instructor
- Assist in managing generic student communications
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to communicate with students
- Escalate unique issues to the master instructor
- Assist with grading
- Monitor engagement levels and provide recommendations on the best approach on how to increase engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Master’s in Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field
- Master’s in any discipline with evidence of professional or academic experience with information technology, digital literacy, digital proficiency, and productivity strategies and tools.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners, required
- Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to lead group discussions
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Strong mental acuity