Senior Program Manager
Senior Program Manager
- US-Remote /
- Engineering /
At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to develop and drive high impact programs across our Product and Engineering organization. To be successful in this role, you will need to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business, while building sustainable practices that can help our teams continue to be successful.
The role will be centralized within our growing R&D Operations team, and will partner closely with Product and Engineering to help guide overall strategy, establish effective communication processes, build strong collaboration with cross-functional teams across the org, and ultimately drive execution towards business objectives.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Hands on, end-to-end program management from inception to delivery
- Establishing lean processes to help teams operate more effectively, with a focus on productivity
- Engaging with internal customers to ensure alignment of needs and priorities with business objectives
- Providing visibility to the organizations work and priorities through strong communication practices
- Developing and controlling deadlines, budgets and activities
- Collaborating with offshore teams to provide guidance and lead team/product transitions
- Managing vendor and contractor relationships to track progress and report out on overall status
- Preparing reports and dashboards to demonstrate and assess program performance while aiming to maximize ROI
These traits are critical to us for this role:
- 7+ years of experience managing Product or Engineering programs at scale
- Technical proficiency to understand and synthesize technical requirements while engaging with business counterparts
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and deliver impactful results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritize based on ROI
- Amazing organizational and analytical skills
- And most importantly, a true excitement and passion for being able to make a difference in a student or teachers life.
Bonus points awarded for:
- BS/BA Diploma in Management, CS or related field
- PMP, CSM or comparable certification
- Performing a magic trick during your interview
Get in on all the awesome:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn’t catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.