Senior DevOps Engineer
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Remote Opportunity)
- Remote, United States
Who You Are
You are a Senior Engineer with experience in cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You have built systems leveraging managed cloud services available from prominent cloud vendors. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You would thrive in a casual but fast-paced environment where creativity and collaboration are rewarded.
About The Job
As a Cloud/Automation Engineer, this is a hands-on role where you will provide technical guidance to customers adopting Cloud platform services. Your tasks will be to automate environment lifecycle using Terraform, Cloud Formation and other standard tools. You will provide best practices in designing a modular, scalable cloud implementation framework. You will work with a global team of engineers and support staff.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Be the primary Engineer/Architect of DevOps solutions that operate in cloud platforms
- Automate the build out of the systems footprint in Cloud
- Be a technical advisor and resolve technical challenges for customers. Support customers utilizing services in the Cloud and all the associated services
- Secure the cloud ecosystem by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of existing systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Six or more years of experience
- Strong background in current systems automations practices and proven experience in AWS or GCP
- Strong knowledge of container paradigms
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Proven experience with automating environment provisioning using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Experience integrating with Middleware products like WebLogic/JBoss/Apache/Tomcat/Spring Boot
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of managed services in Cloud and operational knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB database engines
- Background in scripting skills using languages such python, groovy, bash, awk, sed, php
- Proficiency in Git and integrations with different implementations of git services
- Strong background integration tools such as Jenkins, Concourse
- Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- Demonstrable experiences that highlights ability to learn/experiment/innovate
- Willingness to learn on the job and not require training
- Proven experience to work collaboratively with global teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills