Manager, Employee Relations
Manager, Employee Relations
- Location: Remote
- Job Type: Regular
- Full-Time: Yes
The Employee Relations (ER) Manager will support the Head of Employee Relations, Compliance, and Policy, within the Sunrun Talent organization. The ER Manager will develop an understanding of the business and work effectively within Sunrun’s framework, core values, and objectives in a fast-paced and dynamic business culture. Our work is in service of Sunrun’s mission, Create a planet run by the sun.
- Investigations – Conduct Employee Relations investigations in the United States. Experience with gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant policies and past practice to reach conclusions, and present findings for further action and proposed remediation. May handle both routine and sensitive employee relations cases. Partner with Talent Business Partners, Employment attorneys, and other internal investigative bodies as necessary.
- Case Management – Provide expertise and case management of investigations and ER issues, including performance management, from initial intake to resolution. Maintain ER case management system, prepare regular and ad hoc reports, analyze interpret and report on trends.
- Performance Management – Consult with managers and provide mentorship to address specific employee performance concerns, including performance improvement plans (PIPs) and involuntary termination processes and practices. Guide and train managers in overall performance management concepts in alignment with company approach, practices, and processes.
- ER expertise and inquiries – Provide general expertise, consultation, mentorship, and coaching to managers, Talent teams, and partners to address employee behavior and performance concerns. Interpret and apply an understanding of Sunrun policies and practices, employment law, other regulations to provide advice and clarification for ER inquiries. Review employment practices and procedures for efficiency; may provide input and recommendations for process, practice, and/or policy changes. Partner with leaders and Talent Business Partners in improving manager and team capability by conducting root cause analysis.
- Project Management – Coordinate internal resources, develop and lead ER projects on time and within scope, develop project plans, measure performance of the project, create and lead project documentation. Work with internal resources to continually improve and upgrade ER data and analytic capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of professional-level Employee Relations/Employment Law/Human Resources related experience.
- Experience in advising, coaching manager on performance management.
- Familiarity with federal and state employment law, and standard methodologies in conducting workplace investigations.
- Ability to quickly conceptualize, think critically, and develop frameworks.
- Shown orientation to flexibility and adaptability to changing business conditions and needs.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity, and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong partnering, diplomacy, and collaboration skills.
- Project management: Strong background and desire for project management with the ER team. Proven track record to be proactive in identifying areas for improvement and implementing solutions.