Commercial Corporate Counsel
- San Francisco, California Remote, United States
Sitecore is the global leader in experience management software that combines content management, commerce, and customer insights. The Sitecore Experience CloudTM empowers marketers to deliver personalized content in real time and at scale across every channelbefore, during, and after a sale. More than 5,200 brandsincluding American Express, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, and L’Orealhave trusted Sitecore to deliver the personalized interactions that delight audiences, build loyalty, and drive revenue.
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we’re looking for a skilled Corporate Counsel to work as part of our global Legal team.
The position is based in Sitecore’s global headquarters office in San Francisco, however, we are open to hiring a qualified candidate in our London or Copenhagen office locations.
The Corporate Counsel is expected to work closely with the members of our in-house legal team, outside counsel, and multiple client groups/functional departments at all levels of the company. You will partner effectively with Sitecore’s Finance and Corporate Development teams, and other key stakeholders to obtain necessary information, conduct legal analysis, and help ensure that all interests of the relevant business units are addressed appropriately. In addition you will work closely with the corporate teams on matters relating to corporate social responsibility and sustainability. You will be comfortable working under deadlines, and willing to work collaboratively with the rest of the legal team to meet company goals. This role will offer the potential for expansion of duties and the opportunity to make a significant impact on continued growth, as the Legal team continues to meet the demands for Sitecore’s rapidly expanding business.
- Act as lead partner for the company’s finance and corporate development teams, supporting global corporate filings, business licenses and qualification, acquisition and other strategic agreements.
- Assist with M&A, investments and other strategic transactions in all stages, from performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating term sheets and definitive transaction documentation, supporting closing transactions and post-closing integration.
- In collaboaration with other team members, drive global corporate and subsidiary governance, including global tax matters and intercompany agreements.
- Support the corporate secretarial function, including preparation of notices, agendas and materials for the board of directors, committee meetings, such as board minutes, resolutions, and preparations for annual meetings.
- Liaise with internal teams, particularly our Corporate Development and Finance teams, as well as with outside counsel for strategic transactions.
- Manage and deliver certain internal training related to the Legal Department’s policies and processes.
- Support the company’s efforts for corporate social responsibility and drive programs to ensure compliance with company initiatives.
- Handle other legal projects as requested.
- Qualified candidates will have five to seven years of relevant corporate law experience, including directly relevant corporate and industry experience.
- Practice at a major law firm and prior in-house experience at a technology company strongly preferred.
- Candidates should have strong verbal and analytical skills, along with excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- A good sense of humor is important.
- The ability to manage and complete several simultaneous projects on time.
- The candidate should be extremely detail-oriented, and willing to see projects through from start to finish.
- Candidates must demonstrate a customer-service orientation and a positive, can do’ attitude, balanced with honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings.
- It important that the candidate be team-oriented, and comfortable working with a growing legal team.
- Admission to practice law in relevant jurisdictions is required.
- A willingness to travel occasionally.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.