Museum Collections Specialist
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Museum Collections Specialist in St. Charles, MO. This is a temporary 5 month position that can be remote.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Legacy Management (LM) is the caretaker of sites that played significant roles in America’s atomic legacy. The Museum Collections Specialist will be responsible to plan, develop, and author a Museum Collection Program with associated policy, protocols, and database requirements as per the prescribed scope of work. The intent of this work is to aid LM in the management of current and future historic items pertaining to LM sites and mission. The Museum Collections Specialist will join the Legacy Management Strategic Partner (LMSP) contractor. They will report to the LMSP Education Program Manager and will work closely and routinely with Interpretive Center Managers, editors, and related project support personnel. Additionally, the Museum Collections Specialist will lead meetings between LM and LMSP, create project deliverables, develop and adhere to the project schedule, and ensure responsiveness to project and LM requirements.
The Museum Collections Specialist will develop and implement a first-draft, comprehensive museum artifact collection management program, to include: a) an overarching LM museum collection policy and collection plan, b) interpretive center-specific collection policies and collection plans, and c) submit a business case to LM IT governance team for pursuit of a museum management solution.
Other duties include:
- Able to coordinate, lead, and document meetings and official business.
- Able to perform duties remotely, away from coworkers across several states in multiple time zones.
- Able to perform duties during a typical work day, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. central time.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (major in Museum Studies, Anthropology, or closely related field).
- At least three years working experience in related field.
- Subject matter expert in collections management, care, documentation, environmental control, pest control, security, risk management, and classifications.
- Proficient in policy writing.
- Skilled in communications, project management, and schedule management.
- Knowledge of National Historic Preservation Act.
- Knowledge of the American Alliance of Museums standards for Collections Stewardship.
- Ability to follow specific programmatic procedures such as identification and reporting of incidents.
- Must adhere to rigorous job safety protocols.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability