Engineering Project Manager - Remote
Theorem, LLCFull time project-management product-management scrum
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Product Manager
Industry: Consulting, Digital Agency, Software Development
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
project-management, product-management, scrum
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 130+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out. Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too! THE ROLE Our Project Managers are skilled in getting things done by effectively leading and collaborating with different members of their cross-functional squads like Design, Engineering, and QA while collaborating with their team's Engagement Managers. Part Project Manager, part Scrum Master, part Technical Product Manager, this role will be deeply involved in the day-to-day execution of several of our key projects with an extremely high-profile client. It is your job to lead, organize, motivate and collaborate with the team in order to ensure project and product success while continually improving our processes to get there. This role requires the discipline and communication to coordinate and facilitate feedback loops between various companies, teams and roles including client end-users as well as internal and external engineering teams, consisting of both local and remote team members. WHO YOU ARE Your career has had a focus on custom software development for external clients utilizing your skillset including requirements gathering, product thinking and leading software engineering teams through delivery. Maybe you’ve played roles as a Technical Project Manager, Business Analyst or Product Manager, working closely with in-house cross-functional teams and client stakeholders in large scale projects. You're passionate about innovative, Agile-based product development that enables customers to bring their digital products to market. Our Project Managers team are often described as technical, adaptive, entrepreneurial, consultative partners that act as player-coaches to their teams and as a trusted advisor to their clients. Their number one goal is to ensure project and product success and they are deeply committed to achieving this. WHAT YOU'LL DO You will work within multiple cross-functional squads and be responsible for delivering a solution or product of high quality to our customers. You will be responsible for execution, ownership of the project plans and squad leadership. SUCCESS CRITERIA
- You have ensured that your portion of a large scale initiative is well organized and communicated while solving the right problems with the right solutions, staffing teams appropriately, project plans have the right strategy, and the work we’re doing delivers the greatest value possible to our customers.
- You demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. You own responsibility for designing and kicking off new efforts so you consult directly with clients, our internal resourcing teams and sales to create and execute on a plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Building and maintaining a project delivery project plan
- Understanding any blockers impacting members of your service team and the successful delivery of your project plan and work tirelessly to clear them
- Coordinating dependencies with client stakeholders
- Track dependency slips and communicate the impact to the service delivery project plan and expectations
- Building and maintaining a risk register with mitigation strategies
- Collaborating with your team to build your service team’s working model and processes that control inputs to your plan and execution steps to deliver on your commitments
- Briefing Theorem Engagement & Engineering leadership on risks, mitigation plans, & delivery milestones
- Briefing client stakeholders on risks and delivery status
- Coordinating risk mitigation plans with leaders of your service team and client stakeholders and oversee the execution of these plans
- Creating onboarding curriculum for new resources joining your service team
- Screening new recruits within the hiring pipeline and make resourcing recommendations to hiring managers
- Coordinate with Product Managers and Squad leads to prioritize work within your service delivery plan
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Project management experience, particularly in client facing roles, preferred.
- Ability to initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects of medium to large complexity successfully.
- Clear understanding of critical path and core project management concepts.
- Very effective communicator, good at arbitration and quickly gathering consensus within project teams spanning a breadth of disciplines.
- Resilient work ethic with the capability to adapt to the situation, flexibility and nimbleness in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet.