Copy Editor (Contract)
- Department: Publishing Operations
- Location: Remote
We are currently looking for an experienced Copy Editor to help with editing several lists for our Publishing Operations team. This is a great opportunity to edit smart, fun articles on a wide range of subjects (including pop culture, sports, video games, history, true crime, comics, shopping, etc.) every day for a leading entertainment website.
We’re looking for people who:
- Nerd out! Whether it’s early American history, the MCU, 90s Disney movies, true crime podcasts, etc. — we want people who are knowledgeable and passionate about pop culture
- Have a strong background in editing, preferably for entertainment content
- Broad entertainment knowledge in celebrity, music, sports, games, comics is a major plus
- Are comfortable taking feedback
If this sounds exciting, here’s what we need from you:
- A cover letter giving examples of how you meet and exceed the qualifications listed above. As we are a site with lists about literally everything, we like editors who know a lot about a lot of things. In your cover letter please list any areas of expertise you have, from the broad to the pretty granular.
- Your current resume
This is a 3 month contract position, with the possibility of extension at the end of the contract. The interview process will consist of a copy editing test and a video interview.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.