Associate Editor, Loans
Associate Editor, Loans
At a Glance:
Red Ventures is looking for an Associate Editor to join our Bankrate team. As an Associate Editor for our Loans vertical, you will be responsible for brainstorming article ideas, working with a freelance contributor network and preparing content to be published on Bankrate.com. You’ll also work closely with the SEO team to identify opportunities to write content that ranks.
We are looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented individual who can scale content production for personal loans, home equity loans, debt and related topics. Ideal candidates should be passionate about personal finance and able to stay up to date on industry topics and trends. An ability to work collaboratively with internal teams but also individually with the freelance network is a must.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the SEO team to receive and assign high-priority content requests
- Keyword research to identify additional SEO content opportunities
- Brainstorm story ideas on news and trends in the Loans space
- Work with a freelance network of contributors for content creation
- Edit and prepare content to be published on Bankrate.com
- Coordinate publication timelines and reshuffle priorities as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 1 year of editorial experience
- Solid research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to edit and rewrite
- Ability to create or edit content based on SEO concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and interest in personal finance
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and individually
- Comfort and confidence making content decisions
- Experience with AP Style
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus
- Experience working with freelance writers is a plus
- SEO experience is helpful but not required
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.