- Hartford, Connecticut
- Remote, United States
Insurity is a leading property and casualty insurance software and data analytics provider working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and managing general agents. With 900+ team members globally, 9 office locations and 300+ clients, we have a deep understanding of the insurance business, unparalleled technology expertise, and a singular focus of delivering a simplified insurance experience to our clients.
Are you looking to be part of a fast-paced organization where you will play an integral role in our revenue accounting function and financials? If so, then Insurity has the career for you, as we are currently looking to fill the following position:
While reporting into the Accounting Manager, you will manage the revenue across all of Insurity’s product lines with duties including, but not limited to, auditing contract, reviewing invoices, reconciling billing between systems, and ensuring revenue is booked in accordance with GAAP, especially ASC 606. Your efforts will help increase the accuracy and integrity of the accounting data as well as the timeliness of our financial reporting. This role offers the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with other Insurity groups such as Sales, Account Management, Sales Operations and Professional Services along with being able to develop and grow your Accounting skills alongside a bright and talented finance team.
What You’ll be doing:
- Evaluating and auditing all deals while ensuring GAAP compliant revenue recognition
- Reviewing invoices for completeness and accuracy
- Managing monthly revenue close process including sales and finance system reconciliation
- Preparing and reviewing revenue-related journal entries
- Reconciling all revenue-related accounts such as AR unbilled and deferred revenue
- Analyzing revenue financial results and variances compared to prior periods and budget
- Preparing revenue reporting and metrics
- Partnering with functional teams to ensure proper deal recording and to resolve issues
- Performing analysis for revenue migration during acquisitions
- Supporting analysis for allowance for doubtful accounts and bad debt
- Improving the revenue accounting processes through simplification and automation
- Developing and managing documentation of our revenue accounting processes and systems
- Participating in audits and tax projects
- Performing additional accounting duties or projects, as needed
What You’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- 2+ years most recent experience in revenue accounting
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP financial reporting requirements including ASC 606
- Intermediate Excel skills are key
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and work accuracy
- Be a team player able to work independently with limited supervision
- Desire to thrive in a fun, dynamic, and constantly changing environment
- Excellent work habits, including the willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done, especially during financial close, audit or tax season
Nice to have:
- Experience in Salesforce and Intacct
- Understanding of SaaS (subscription-based business model)
- Knowledge in contracts with hosting, maintenance and time and materials elements
- Experience in technology industry
- Knowledge in working with multiple currencies or legal entities
- Working knowledge of Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams
What you’ll get:
Location: Hartford, CT or US-Remote. This role is expected to begin remotely if hired to work in Hartford, CT office due to COVID-19.
- Collaborative Culture
- Competitive Salaries
- Flexible Hours
- Growth Opportunities
- Open Time Off
- Day 1 Health Insurance Coverage
Does Insurity sound like the right place for you? Send us your application and a cover letter highlighting what sets you apart from the nice-to-haves and makes you a must-have for our team!
Thank you for your interest in Insurity; only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.