Assistant General Counsel – Corporate and Securities
Assistant General Counsel – Corporate and Securities
- Remote (U.S.)
Phreesia is looking for an Assistant General Counsel – Corporate and Securities to join our growing team!
We are seeking an experienced securities, corporate governance and corporate transactions attorney to join our small but mighty legal team as Assistant GC, Corporate and Securities reporting to the General Counsel at a publicly traded company. You will provide legal counsel in connection with all corporate activities, preparing SEC reports and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks and 10-Qs, drafting 8-Ks, drafting proxy statements, overseeing Section 16 reporting, and managing legal aspects of SEC reporting process); as well as SOX compliance and obligations to the NYSE. You should be able to provide legal advice and support with respect to stock plans, executive compensation, investor relations, shareholder outreach, compliance with policies and other corporate matters. You should also be able to work on everything from complex commercial agreements to small vendor agreements to support our rapidly growing business.
What You’ll Do:
- As primary securities and SEC disclosure counsel, advise on a wide range of securities law matters
- Serve as legal lead for 10-Ks, 10-Qs, proxy statements, 8-Ks and Section 16 reporting, partnering closely with Finance and Internal Audit.
- Collaborate with Finance, Human Resources, Investor Relations and Communications teams on external communications, such as earnings releases and press releases
- Research, monitor and advise on relevant best practices and developments, and recommend enhancements to related company policies and processes, including with respect to insider trading, related party transactions and conflicts of interest.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including the preparation of Board and Committee materials, policies, and other special projects
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS, licensing, marketing, partner and other sales and operational agreements.
- Provide day to day legal counsel to various departments and comprehensive resolution of legal inquiries from business team members.
- Obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the products, services and objectives of our business.
- Other duties and projects assigned by the General Counsel
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience, including at least 4 years at a nationally recognized law firm with significant work in a corporate & securities practice, and 3+ years of experience as in-house counsel.
- Experience in preparation of public company SEC reporting documents, including ’34 Act filings (10-K, 10-Q), proxy statement, 8-K, Section 16 reporting and strong SEC disclosure drafting skills.
- Depth of legal knowledge relating to the 1933 Act, 1934 Act, NYSE rules and DE corporate law
- Familiarity with healthcare a plus.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, quickly-evolving and growing environment and enjoy working on a variety of items each day.
- Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong sense of humor, a positive and upbeat attitude, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and sound judgment.
- Excellent partner to and with cross-functional teams including Investor Relations, Finance and HR.
- Be extremely organized, detail-oriented and efficient with very strong follow through on accountability.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, and a proactive, solution-oriented approach.
- Demonstrate a naturally business-friendly and compassionate approach to legal problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing clear, concise and practical advice as well as creative solutions.
- Comfort working with lean teams and wearing multiple hats in a smaller company environment.
- Be confident, professional and quickly able to gain respect and trust of business team members.
- Admitted and in good standing
Who We Are:
AtPhreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesiacare about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a four-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award.If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone reimbursement and internet reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
Be sure to check out our Instagram and Facebook!
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.