Lead Chef Instructor – Pastry
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary ArtsFull time
Lead Chef Instructor-Pastry
- Fully Remote • Remote Worker – N/A
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is a leading accredited provider of online and campus-based culinary training and education. The school’s professional programs offer the proven combination of a classic and contemporary approach to modern industry skills training as well as a sustainability-centered and business-focused curriculum. Professional programs in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts are available online and at ground campuses in Austin, Texas, and Boulder, Colorado. Escoffier also offers enthusiast training online and on ground. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fast-paced growth opportunity, we’d like to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.escoffier.edu
The Lead Chef Instructor is responsible for facilitating meaningful learning of course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment. They provide education through learning-centered instruction that will enable students to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. They encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning, and ethics, as well as personal and professional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all responsibilities of a Chef Instructor
- Serve as proxy for the Senior Lead Instructor when duty requires
- Assist with scheduling of instructors and provide coverage for instructor absences or requested time off
- Assist Senior Lead Instructor in performing classroom observations and providing instructor feedback/coaching
- Assist Senior Lead Instructor in completing faculty performance evaluations
- Play a key role in the orientation process of new instructors toward understanding of teaching methods, processes, and policies
- Student Relations –Participate in the student complaint process and/or student discipline process as necessary. Advise “at-risk” students. Address student complaints/concerns.
- Retention – Assist with the College retention initiatives by identifying “at risk” students and relaying this information to the Senior Lead Instructor and/or individual directly responsible for student retention
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal requirements
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Master’s degree in Culinary Arts, Hospitality or related field
- 5 years of industry work experience directly related to culinary arts or hospitality.
- 1 year of online teaching experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time-Management Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical and Report Writing Skills
- Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
- Ethics: Has personal and professional ethics and fosters a diverse and respectful workplace.
- Ability to interact with staff and external relationships in a professional manner, including a demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Suites.
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business equipment. Sitting for long periods of time; up to 8 hours of computer and/or phone work daily. Required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.