Software Engineer II
Comscore, Inc.Full time java linux web-services etl sql
About this job
Compensation: $75k - 95k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Database Administrator
Industry: Data & Analytics, Market Research, Online Advertising
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
java, linux, web-services, etl, sql
Job Title: Software Engineer II
Location: Remote or any Comscore location
About this Role:
Comscore is a leading cross platform audience measurement company. We measure what matters to make audiences and advertising more valuable. We collect and process billions of events each day, have 10s of petabytes online and each month our processes read nearly an exabyte. We use this capability to provide our clients with unlocked insights in their data.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team with a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals. This position plays a fundamental role in designing and maintaining big data web & engineering solutions capable of running efficiently and robustly at petabyte scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop forward looking solutions that can creatively utilize data assets while being fault tolerant
- Leveraging best practices in extensible and reusable components to allow rapid development
- Collaborate with DevOps, Release Management, Research and Operations teams
- Coordinate with external stakeholders to deliver on product requirements
What You'll Need:
- We are looking for an individual who can take the lead in projects providing accurate estimates and collaborating with teammates and stakeholders as necessary to solve problems
- Ability to understand & improve enterprise software applications while factoring in overall design goals
- Knack for finding the problem at a high level and drilling down to the details to solve
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in developing applications in professional environment
- 2+ years developing software using Java in Linux environment, Hadoop, Pig or Spark expertise. Scala is a plus
- Comfortable with a variety of java build systems including ant and maven
- Basic SQL experience required
- Data visualization and data wrangling proficiency desired
- Developing with a machine learning tech stack is a plus
- Java web development using embedded Jetty and Play framework is a plus
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.