Senior Software Engineer
Care.Com, Inc.Full time ruby-on-rails amazon-web-services graphql reactjs go
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
ruby-on-rails, amazon-web-services, graphql, reactjs, go
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join the Care.com team as we build out our technology platform for our out-of-home provider network — the products and systems that power our relationships with daycare and family childcare centers, preschools, camp providers, and other businesses providing childcare services outside the home.
We provide solutions for these businesses to (1) manage their operations and sell services using our SaaS, (2) make more money by offering backup care and marketing themselves to families on our platform, and (3) more efficiently hire high-quality candidates via recruiting solutions.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Design, develop, and deploy features on both the front and back end;
- Integrate with essential third-party services and APIs;
- Ensure appropriate automated test coverage for optimal uptime and product reliability;
- Communicate both blockers and progress with the rest of the engineering team, as well as stakeholders on other teams.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and:
- Values shipping early and often;
- Has extensive Ruby/Rails experience, but who’s also excited about dabbling in other frameworks and technologies (e.g. Go, React.js, GitHub Actions);
- Communicates clearly and effectively, and can demonstrate a track record of working successfully across engineering, product and business-oriented teams;
- Have 3 - 5+ years of software development experience. Note, we prefer to hire someone at the high end of that experience range but understand there are unique situations where a candidate may be qualified at the lower end.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (Master's degree is a plus)
We’re investing in our current product lineup by revamping several legacy systems (one of which is largely built in Java and MySQL), as well as by dramatically expanding our platform and building out new functionality. As such, the ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys building new products as well as testing/refactoring existing code.
Our application consists of a Ruby on Rails backend hosted on Heroku and AWS that serves web and mobile clients. It would be a bonus to have built previous projects using:
- GitHub Actions
- Java and MySQL
We’re a small, high-performing team that is entrepreneurial, values dedicated contributors, and moves quickly. We work in a high-growth, high-opportunity area of the company. This position is remote, and we expect that every member of our team is a self-starter skilled at time management. We value efficiency, clear/concise communication (we use Slack for day-to-day), and — most importantly — the desire to make a difference in solving an important societal problem.
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.**