Senior Software Engineer – Ruby on Rails
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Ruby on Rails
- Location: Remote
About this role
Punchh is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. You should be familiar with AWS, Linux, Deployment and Monitoring in addition to your core skill of development in Ruby on Rails. You possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. This position is perfect for you if you’re interested in creating tools and automation so that we can be as hands-off as possible.
What You’ll Do
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customer’s individual needs
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies such as MySql / ElasticSearch / Redis / Cassandra / MongoDB / Kafka / Spark / Databricks / Fivetran, etc.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal Punchh teams on how to improve our platform
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles
- Improve system performance, scalability and high availability
- Work on critical, highly complex problems that may span across multiple programming languages and databases technologies
- This is a shift work position, including overnight shifts
What You’ll Need
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- In-depth experience with designing and developing REST API Services is must
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or relevant industry experience
- Experience with Troubleshooting / Support experience
- Experience in container technologies such as docker, Kubernetes along with AWS services is needed
- Good knowledge of at least one relational database and one NoSQL database
Bonus Points if You Have
- Experience in eCommerce, Retail, Marketing, SaaS or mobile applications.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Experience managing full application stacks from the EC2 servers / infra to applications running inside docker containers
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.